Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get the feeling while watching Rasheed play and talk last night that the Blazers have committed to him and have told him they want him around, he's off the trading block.

It just seemed to me the weight was off his shoulders and he was having fun and playing without question marks surrounding him.

Looked like it to me.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TP3</b>!
Anyone else get the feeling while watching Rasheed play and talk last night that the Blazers have committed to him and have told him they want him around, he's off the trading block.

It just seemed to me the weight was off his shoulders and he was having fun and playing without question marks surrounding him.

Looked like it to me.
I hope u are right, but i have a feeling even though I like rasheed alot i think his agent told him if he wants to get payed he has to play HARD and thats the reason for the sudden turn around at least the last 2 games. Either way i like seeing him play this way thats for sure.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Sheed: Yeah wha'd ya want to talk about?

Patternash: Prove to us that you want to stay in Portland and you can stay. If not you're gone.

Sheed: Ok

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
I think Nash\Pattersen would be making a big mistake if they resigned Sheed. The negative reaction by many of the fans and the media will not calm down until he is gone. But irregardless of that, the fact is, while he is a very good player (as last night showed), he is incredibly inconsistent, and at soon to be 30yrs old (29?), I feel POR would be betetr off moving him for younger players to build around Zach, Q, & Outlaw. That is why IMO, it is VERY important for POR to get what they percieve as VERY GOOD value in trade for Sheed, as he is our most marketable player, that we are willing to trade.

One game doesn't suddenly cure all his shortcomings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts