Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(((Reprint form my post on NBA board)))
This is what Kevin Garnett said in a interview with ESPN on Monday. And some people will look at it as just another black athlete shooting off his mouth, and most of you do think that. But these are the words of a fierce competior that is sick and tired of lossing. Yeah he ripped managment and the coaches but who cares! They are part of the reason the Twolves have not got out of the first round to, and ripping his teamates was really needed. Because Kevin speaks the truth in this interview, he doesn't get enough help on the court, he doesn't get enough respect from the fans. People forget that this is one of the most gifted ball players in history, he is 7-1 220 lb rebounding machine, can shoot from anywhere, can post up, can dribble the ball, can attack the rim, can block shots, and creat shots for others, unreal mental toughness, oh yeah and can defend any player on the court PG/SG/SF/PF/C.
KG has the right to feel the way he does, and I'm glad he let it out

Q: Are you overpaid?

KG: Hell no. If anything I'm underpaid, with everything I do. That's a ridiculous question. I have to do everything for this team.

Q: Are you tough enough to play in the Western Conference? Maybe Minnesota should move to the East.

KG: Man, I've been in the Western Conference for seven years. Holdin' it down. Nobody there scares me. Look at my numbers. You know my rap sheet.

Q: What are your numbers?

KG: Twenty, ten and five. Twenty, ten and five. Three years in a row. And I'm rounding down. Who else has done that?

Q: What does that get you?

KG: It gets you what it gets you.

Q: Does it get you out of the first round?

KG: We'll get out of the first round when everybody does their part. Players, coaches, management, everybody. I can't do everything by myself. It'll get us past the first round if m-----------s do their part. "I have to do everything for this team."

Q: Word on the street is that you're soft in the fourth quarter.

KG: F--- you talkin' about? That's not what I hear.

Q: What do you hear?

KG: That KG is the m---------ing s---. Niggas know. My peers in the league know what I'm about.

Q: What have you learned about the fourth quarter?

KG: To not pass the ball if we're losing.

Q: Did it hurt you when your idols criticized you? [During the playoffs, Magic Johnson and Charles Barkley were highly critical of Garnett for not "stepping up" in the fourth quarter.]

KG: That was just them being d---s. They were just looking for a camera. Besides, they're not my idols anyway.

Q: Has Kobe ever dunked on you?

KG: That's a stupid question. No. Kobe has never dunked on me in his life.

Q: Are you and Wally better than Kobe and Shaq?

KG: [Long pause] No … it hurts me to say it but we're not. I just … [sigh] ... we just aren't.

Q: Why did you skip college?

KG: At the time I felt like going pro was the only way I was going to make something of my life. Besides college ain't s---. It's like slavery, they're trying to f--- the kids. You gotta get your education but I made a decision for me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't blame KG for saying the stuff he does because everybody knows what he is saying is reality, except the media takes the truth to new levels that makes it seem mean and injustice since KG is the only player who will speak his mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts