Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long or what made you become a Pistons fan...?

It started for me with the Bad Boys and actually a couple years before. My dad is a big bball fan, so i've been watching the Pistons since I could remember and even before I could comprehend what was going on.

From the Bad Boys, through the down years, until now... :)

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Ben Wallace getting traded here. Hey I had a basketball card of him on the Wizards and I was like "he is pretty cool." Then Ben started doing awesome and I liked the Pistons more untill they were my second favourite team behind The Kobe's. After watching Detroit pound the Lakers in Detroit last March break I was like "okay no more tie, the Pistons are way better" and haven't followed any other basketball since. Except maybe a lil bit of Raptors.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
My dad used to have season tickets to the pistons way back when they played in the silverdome. I remember just being amazed by the crowd. I still to this day remember being at a game in april it was like a 120 degrees in there and the pistons were playing the celtics back when they had parrish, bird and mchale. Just being there was like a religous expeirence from then on I was a pistons fan.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Always been a Big Ben fan, and Billups too. Never realy started following the team on a consistent basis until we started up this fewd this year. Pistons and Raptors are the only teams I care about outside of the Pacers these days.

·
Registered
855 Posts
i just remember growing up being a piston fan. back in '89, i was seven and i remember almost crying when my dad told me we traded adrian dantley for mark aquire. granted it was the pivital move that won us the back to back championships, but i was sevem and we just traded away the proffessor.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
LOL. That's awesome thrillhouse. There is nothing like being at a packed stadium against a tough team and the crowd gets into it. I just remember being at the Palace when we stomped the Lakers last March. :drool:

·
Registered
657 Posts
My dad has had season tickets to the Palace since it open 15 years ago or so. I've been goin with him since I was 3 or 4, in the beginning of the 90s. I was a real big Joe D fan, and i looooved Terry Mills for a while. Then of course i loved G. Hill...and now of course I'm a huge Pistons fan. I just can't enjoy any other team as much as the Pistons.

FAVORITE PISTON EVER: Jon Barry! Why did we have to let him go? :no:

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I've been a fan of all things Detroit for as long as I can remember.

My interest in the various teams has wavered, I watched the Lions religiously when Barry played and lived and died with them every week. I watched the Pistons a lot in the early 90's and then not so much when they changed the jerseys and started to suck. I used to watch the Tigers a lot but they are pretty frustrating these days. I started watching the Pistons religiously again around the time Ben came when I realized "Hey, I have as much fun watching basketball games as I do football games, only the Pistons play 4 times a week". More is better. Now though, even if the team were to get bad I don't think I could stop watching, it might get to the point where I can't watch more than a half at a time (like the Lions) but I'll still watch.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have been a fan since the championships of the old days, and man did I love those teams, I have always loved my home teams, but I love every aspect of them, I mean how can you not love them. from down town for Joe Duuuuuuumars, to g. hill, stackhouse and the brick song to ben and the bell's, its hard not to be a fan they are awesome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts