Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your view what NBA team has the best young talent? In other word what team has the best talent for the future to build on?

Chicago:
Curry/ Chandler/ Crawford/ Williams/ Robinson/ Fizer

Indiana:
O'Neal/ Harrington/ Bender/ Tinsley/ Artest/ Jones

Washington:
Jeffries/ Brown/ Haywood/ Dixon/ Grizzard/ Hamilton

Cleveland:
Diop/ Mihm/ Davis/ Jones/ Wagner/ Miller

Houston:
Griffin/ Francis/ Mobley/ Ming/ Nachbar/ Maddox

Memphis:
Gasol/ Williams/ Gooden/ Battier/ Dickerson

LA Clipps:
Brand/ Miles/ Odom/ Maggette/ Richardson/ Wilcox/ Ely

Golden State:
Dunleavy/ Richardson/ Arenas/ Jamison/ Hughes/ Welsch/ Murphy

Phoenix:
Marion/ Soudamire/ Jacobsen/ Marbury/ Tsakalidis/ Johnson/ Ford

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What do you think, please post your reply and give reasons of why.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well all the experts (David Aldridge, David Dupree etc.) say the Pacers. So I'm gonna say them too :D
Also, in case you didnt notice all those teams were horrific last season except for the Pacers who made the playoffs despite playing without one of the top up and coming player sin the league Al Harrington.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
There are two team that im really looking forward to seeing in the future. One of them is the

La Clippers reasons= Obviously this team's nucleus is based around up and comming stars. Maggete, Wilcox, Ely and Richardson will be future stars. Now you throw in Odom and Brand this team will be dangerous providing the nucleus sticks together.

Memphis Grizzlies= Im really excited about this team Gasol is already taking strides to super stardom into the NBA. Battier will be a very solid NBA player in the future and Drew Gooden has been killing the summer league (36 points 14 rebounds last night)

I only see bright future for these 2 teams.

Other worthy candidate

-Chicago (I cant wait to see how good Chandler will be)

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I'm going to select the Wizards and I really haven't any reasons why, other than Mike and Collins both know how to draft the best talent for whatever position they have had in the draft.

Collins is probably second to Jerry West in drafting past talent, as he did a nice job in Chicago and in Detroit, considering he didn't have really high picks most of the time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Wizards?! Doug Collins and MJ both suck at drafting "talent". Why does everyone think Michael Jordan is so great at everything? Sure he's a great basketball player but the guy sucked as a GM. And Doug Collins always had high draft picks, since his teams always sucked. Donnie Walsh is the best at picking out talent, he got Tinsley at 27, Harrington at #25 (he'd be a lottery pick if the draft was done over probaly top 7 or so), Reggie at #11, and ofcourse Antonio Davis in the 2nd round.

·
Registered
636 Posts
How can you argue that the Grizzlies have the best young talent. They have 2 very talented players in Pau Gasol and Drew Gooden (who play the same position) and that is about it. Battier is a nice player but I certainly wouldn't consider him a great young talent. I personally think the Clippers have the best young talent becuase they have tons of talented players and they are all young.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wht is this topic even here? "WHo has the best young talent in the NBA?". Thats a question with a definate answer. It's the Pacers. They were THE YOUNGEST TEAM IN THE NBA YET THEY MADE THE PLAYOFFS AND GAVE THE NETS ALL THEY COULD HANDLE WITHOUT FUTURE SUPERSTAR AL HARRINGTON! All of these other teams are not only older than the Pacers, but finished with half of the wins, asides from the #2 best young talent team in the NBA the Clippers. There should be no debate about it. It's a no-contest people. Everything i've said has proven it. Don't believe me, just ask David Dupree or David Aldridge, the experts. ALl of these other teams have a bunch of overrated guys who may have been big shots in college but have so far been busts in the NBA. Fizer was a huge bust. So was Crawford. So was Corey Maggette. So was Hughes. So was Miles. So was Odom (only because he's doped up though). So was WHite Chocolate (I even saw one guy say he's the worst starting point guasrd in the past 10 years). So was Diop and Mihm. And i'm sure there's gonna be a fair share of Tony Batties and Chauncy Billups between Dunleavy, Ming, Williams, Gooden, Butler, Wagner, Wilcox.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
The Grizz might not have as many young players as the Clippers but I really think the players they do have will be stars.

Battier could be valuable to any team he is a young guy who hardly makes mistakes. It's not out of the reach for him to have a 15 and 8 season this year.

Gasol has already proved he is star worthy. The most verstaile big man in the league IMO. He can shoot from distance play great D and has a wide array of post moves.

Gooden I was not to high on when the Grizz drafted him but he's looking great. So far he has been the best rookie at the summer games and his game really looks good. I wont get ahead of myself because it's only summer league but this guy will turn heads this season.

Dickerson who provided no injury is one of the best shooters in the league. Quite remarkable considering he's so young

Swift- Needs to polish himself offensively but given minutes he's another guy who you might see at the all-star game in a couple of years.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Originally posted by TheRifleman
I'm going to select the Wizards and I really haven't any reasons why, other than Mike and Collins both know how to draft the best talent for whatever position they have had in the draft.

Collins is probably second to Jerry West in drafting past talent, as he did a nice job in Chicago and in Detroit, considering he didn't have really high picks most of the time.
Huh? I will say that Haywood was a nice pick up from the Magic last year, but to say Collins is the second best talent evaluator behind West is crazy. Who exacxtly have MJ and DC drafted that is so awesome?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Al Harrington's well on his way to superstardom. He averaged 13+ ppg 6+ rpg last year at the age of 21. He's got some of the best defense in the league easily. He held MJ to 6 points, breaking his 900 something streak of double digit scoring. He says he expects to average 20 ppg 8 rpg next season, if he gets those numbers with his D, he'll be better than Paul Pierce. Right now if Al Harrington was on the Heat he'd be their best player easily. Not like there's much competition though, I'm sure Eddie House would settle for 2nd best :laugh:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
. He says he expects to average 20 ppg 8 rpg next season, if he gets those numbers with his D, he'll be better than Paul Pierce
I understand your a Pacer fan and want to see the best for your team but dont go over your self Herman Munster (i love that name)

Herman Munster that was a very funny quote im not sure to laugh or to shake my head. Harrington might be a superstar eventually but he still has alot of maturing to do as a basketball player. Jermaine O'neal on the other hand will continue his dominance in the East and will start on the east all star team IMO.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Actually im right, as usual. Pierce is just another overrated player. I guess you cant see that. Als D is just as good as Pierces O and Als O is just as good as Pierces D. Pierce is overhyped. People just want him to be the next great Celtic. Ofcourse he isnt. I dont get it, everyone always talks about how defense wins championships yet guys with great D like AL Harrington and Ron Artest get no respect while ball hog "scoring machines" like Pierce and Norwitzki, guys who couldnt guard me, are declared superstars. Im right, as usual. Like they say, you're only as good as people think you are. You're just the average fan, the guy who believes all the hype. Ok ill shut up now, but first let me finsih: AL Harrington will be a superstar. He will average close to 20 ppg and 8 rebounds per game. 8 rebounds per game is more than Pierce gets and Al could get 25+ ppg if he shot as much as Pierce does, since Al's got a higher FG%. Plus Als far superior defense will make up for the scoring difference.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Your right I am just an average fan. Im just a person who enjoys good basketball no matter what team they play for. I also enjoy watching the basics and fundamentals of the game. Call me boring o well.

You on the other hand seem to be only a Pacer fan by your previous posts and think that your Pacers cant do nothing wrong. You think everyone is out to get your Pacers and we are all jealous of all the young talent you have. Herman Munster there is alot more to basketball then just the Pacers believe it or not there are other good players in the NBA. I know the 12 Pacers are by far the best but there are some good one's after them.

Sorry to bust your bubble but you said that Pierce is a ball hog and Artest gets no respect. You got those 2 players mixed up I think. Pierce does not get the respect he deserves and really is one of the top 5 players in the league. Artest on the other hand is only worried about his points and is no where near stardom IMO.

Im not bashing the Pacers they will be a good team no doubt but dont just try to argue how good your 12 players are and bash everyone who gets in their way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You all obviously can't read. I made my points in my last post, and they were very good maybe even perfect points. What makes Paul Pierce so great? Is it his inability to pass the ball? Is it his subpar rebounding? No wait, I got it, it's his lack of defense right??!! "The Truth" is (get it? haha) Pierce is an overrated loser
I know you have a lot of faith in your team, I am not a Pierce fan either, but no one wish Pierce should have died - Penny Hardaway. Now I'm not bias. Everything I've said about the Pacers is true, it's just they're so good you'd think I was lying. I'm not bias like I just said. I know that T-Mac KG and Kobe are the three most Talented players in the NBA. The thing is, theyve got C-O-M-P-L-E--T-E G-A-M-E-S. Paul Pierce does not. Antione Walker is better than Pierce and the numbers prove it.No calling others out, please - Penny Hardawayabout how great Caron BuStler is gonna be you should be typing? Also JUNKIE, you may not have noticed this, but I am from Indiana, generally considered the WORLD CAPITAL of basketball, we've even got the basketball word championships comin up in 6 weeks or so. Please be respectful to others, I like your passion for the game, living in Canada doesnt mean he doesnt know the game of basketball. It's not about if we can take the heat, it's about respect to others. If you find that hard to do, you may as well post some where else but here - Penny Hardaway
So I guess Ill be seeing you all around.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
In the East it is the Pacers. They have O'Neal, Bender, Harrington, Tinsley, Artest, Miller (I think he is pretty young), and Jones.

In the West, it is the Suns. They have Marbury, Tskalidis (The guy who can gaurd Shaq the best IMO.) Marion, Joe Johnson, Jacobsen, Stoudemire, and Ford.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
The Pacers mat be the youngest team in the league, but you know what the difference is between them and a team like the Bulls? The Pacers young players have more experience than the Bulls young players. So saying theat the Pacers are the youngest team in the league and they should be praised, is sort of misleading. Yes they are the youngest, but they aren't the least experienced as far as NBA games played.

To answer the question:

Bulls
Clippers
Pacers
Grizzlies

1 - 20 of 37 Posts