Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Power Forward who is good can we get that would not cost us one of the starters with the exception of Jason Collins or a power that would that we can get without trading our starting 5

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
I was thinking of PJ Brown who is now on the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets. Despite him being the veteran that he is I feel he is capable of doing good things and I would love to see him in a New Jersey Nets uniform again without having to trade Vince, Richard, Jason or Nenad.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Dooch said:
I was thinking of PJ Brown who is now on the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets. Despite him being the veteran that he is I feel he is capable of doing good things and I would love to see him in a New Jersey Nets uniform again without having to trade Vince, Richard, Jason or Nenad.
The Hornets won't give him up, so that's not possible.

I would also love to se PJ Brown in the Nets uniform, but I doubt it will happen.

·
Nets Fan
10,426 Posts
Stefan Nellemoes said:
Why not give Marcus Fizer a chance?
Ive saying that since we lost out on Shareef. Fizer is very athletic and would be extremely cheap at this point in his career.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Stefan Nellemoes said:
I would also love to se PJ Brown in the Nets uniform

Me too. Class act.

PJ even received a fifth-place vote for MVP last year. Not because of his numbers obviously, but for his role as one of the very few professionals playing for the Hornets. That says all you need to know about his reputation.

I'd love to have him back, but you have to carefully consider cost.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Stefan Nellemoes said:
The Hornets won't give him up, so that's not possible.

I would also love to se PJ Brown in the Nets uniform, but I doubt it will happen.
One question: how do you get to $8 million, which is what PJ Brown makes. Even with the 24% trade allowance, you still need to trade Marc Jackson and someone like Planinic plus a draft choice...unless you wait for December 15. Even then, who do you use in a trade. And sorry, that is too high a price for a guy who is 38 years old and in the last year of his contract.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Grandmazter3 said:
Ive saying that since we lost out on Shareef. Fizer is very athletic and would be extremely cheap at this point in his career.

Fizer's knee is a machine. There is a reason he is not playing. May as well go for Shawn Kemp.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
The deal of the century. Jon Bender, the man, the myth, the legend. You can have him for the low price of 8 large water bottles, 4 basketball racks and a swap of water boys. Remember, this is a limited time offer. No refunds or store credit available. Limit of 1 per customer.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
If PJ is moved by NOH, then it'd be a salary dump! I don't expect the NETS brass to pay up anything of significant value for PJ if he wants to play in NJ. Collins ($6mil) and Cliffy ($2.5mil) are the only two that make sense in terms of numbers parity on the salary front. Ironically, you're exchangin' one 38yr old for another better one and a younger player of Collins caliber. That's enough and should get the job done. No "Z" or Wright should be in the trade. Frankly, Collins would improve NOH. That said, he's such a 'sacred cow' on the NETS, I'm doubtful the NETS'd move him! Maybe the NETS could get a pair of 2nd rounders or a late first for Collins inclusion? Add Lampe to that as a throw-in! Also, how much does PJ have left in the tank to make it worthwhile? Granted, he still plays well at a high level ... especially for his age ... but when's he going to peter out? Yep, he can help the NETS right now and is a class act, but if Padgett keeps playing as he does, who's gonna need him? :eek8:

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
NetIncome said:
One question: how do you get to $8 million, which is what PJ Brown makes. Even with the 24% trade allowance, you still need to trade Marc Jackson and someone like Planinic plus a draft choice...unless you wait for December 15. Even then, who do you use in a trade. And sorry, that is too high a price for a guy who is 38 years old and in the last year of his contract.
This is all correct.

He would also assuredly push the Nets over the luxury tax threshold next season.

A great fit for the team, but there are too many issues.

The Nets would be better off looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
53 Posts
after the rescinded SAR trade i said lets get Brian Skinner . I sill insist on him . tuff guy . can block rebound and score downlow . and getting little playing time in sac-town . we should make a deal for him .

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Al Harrington for the last time---they definitely would accept Zoran and a pick...if that trade works salary wise.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
fruitcake said:
Al Harrington for the last time---they definitely would accept Zoran and a pick...if that trade works salary wise.
Unless it's the Clippers' pick, no, they won't.

Also, you're 489.089% off in salary. Add Marc Jackson.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Premier said:
Unless it's the Clippers' pick, no, they won't.

Also, you're 489.089% off in salary. Add Marc Jackson.
ahh you beat me to it. i was just trying it on realgm. Yes, Marc Jackson and Zoran would work.

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
I want Reggie Evans, but that won't happen.

I think Chris Wilcox is the most realistic situation right now, and I'm not sure how realistic that really is, apparently the Clippers don't even want their own pick back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts