Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What seed would you prefer in the playoffs, 6, 7, or 8? Personally I want 7 because we have no chance against Det and NJ is playing better than Det now. I don't wanna play Miami either but that would be our best chance for an upset. Last year I didn't want the 4th seed, I thought that 6th seed would be put us in the second round. Sometimes it's better to get a lower seed.

·
Registered
30,191 Posts
Nets, Krstic is alright, but a lot less to worry about than guys like Shaq and Wallaces down there, allowing Tyson to do his thing. Just stick Noc and Deng on Vince/Rjeff, and Hinrich on Kidd, and that could be a good series.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I say the Pistons ya we might get beat but we get to see what this young team can do against the best.They won't win the championship anyway.Unless the can pull a George Mason on the NBA but only win it all.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
SPMJ said:
Doesn't really matter. I can't see us winning more then 1 game at best against any of the Top 3 teams anyway.

Just make the playoffs.
Yep. Making the play off would be a fair effort for this team
I think we're getting a bit carried away, we can chat about other seeds if we get to the point it looks like we have the 8th one sewn up.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
There is a huge misconception with the Nets nowadays. They are a totally different team than they used to be. They are NOT a run-and-gun team that doesn't play D. Infact, they are a really good defensive club. They also slow the game to a half-court game to wear down their opponents. THIS is the whole reason they're winning so much now. There is no way that the Nets will be an easy opponent.

I too think that Miami might be a better series for the Bulls than the Nets because THEY don't play Defense. They have had so many different lineups, and their team chemistry isn't top notch. And with Shaq/Zo injuries who knows what we can do. However, this season we have played BOTH the nets AND Heat pretty tough and tight. I would rather the Bulls TRY for the 6th seed, but I won't lose any sleep by getting the 7th seed. As long as we don't have to face the Pistons, I think we have a legitimate chance of advancing to the second round.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
We match up the best with the Pistons and the worst with the Heat.

We have no one remotely close that can match up with Shaq or Wade, so I'd definately rather the #6 or the #8 seed if I had the choice. However, collect as many wins as possible and if that should happen to land the #7 seed, so be it.

I'd rather take our smaller backcourt against the Nets than take the better matchup against the Pistons. Remember, defenses are allowed to play tighter and more aggressive in the playoffs without fouls being called. I think that this helps the Pistons and Spurs more than any other team.

Deng has shown the ability to slow Carter down, and Hinrich does ok too unless Vince is on fire from the outside.

Give me the #6, Nets playing well as of late or not.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,792 Posts
6th, Nets, mainly because they don't have the interior game that the Heat and Pistons have. I still think the Nets would beat us fairly easily though. Along with inside the paint problems, we also have problems against big guards. Jason Kidd, Vince Carter and Richard Jefferson would give us problems.

I think we could get a game against the Nets, maybe two. I think we could probably get a game from the Heat also. Pistons, haha, we probably couldn't get within 10 points of winning even one game against them. Unfortunetly that's what it's looking like for us.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Best chance of an upset is if we play the Heat and Shaq is banged up. A healthy Sweets can play fair defense on a banged-up Shaq because he won't be faster than Sweets like most of the centers will. However Hinrich/Noc would have to be able to keep Wade from scoring 40-50 a game for us to have a chance in such a series. I'd like the 6th seed best though just because I feel a lot more confident against VC than I do against the Pistons or D-Wade.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
sp00k said:
8th. I want a series filled with flagrant and technical fouls. I want Gordon, Tyson and Kirk to get fouled hard every time they touch the ball. Let's see how this team reacts to physical playoff basketball.
Getting into that series could make the team hungrier come next year. I don't know if I want Sweetney any hungrier next season. Maybe we could trade him for a mass building shake mix to give to Chandler.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.