Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

What place will we have in the playoffs?

• Third Seed, Atlantic Division Champions!

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • 6th Seed

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 7th Seed

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 8th Seed

• No playoffs, we suck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the regular season winding down and the playoffs looming ahead we are the seventh place team in the East. Our record is tied with Cleveland, but we own the tie breaker. The Nets are a couple games behind us and playing really well lately and are gaining ground on us and the Cavaliers. The Wizards, who are a spot on top of us are ahead by a couple games, but they are reeling and dropping winnable games. The Celtics are also on a downfall and we might have a chance to catch up and claim the Atlantic Division crown and come out on top with the third seed. With the current circumstances what seed do you think we will eventually end up with by the time the playoffs start?

This is our remaining schedule:
April 12: VS Boston
April 14: VS Miami
April 15: @ Indiana
April 17: @ New Jersey
April 18: VS Milwaukee
April 20: VS Atlanta
Our current record is 39-37

The Cavaliers remaining schedule:
April 11: @ Orlando
April 14: VS New York
April 15: @ Washington
April 17: @ Detroit
April 19: VS Boston
April 20: @ Toronto
The Cavaliers current record is 39-37

The Nets remaing schedule:
April 13: @ Indiana
APril 15: @ Toronto
April 17: VS Philadelphoa
April 19: VS Washington
April 20: @ Boston
The Nets current record is 38-39

The Wizards remaining schedule
April 11: VS Milwaukee
April 13: VS Chicago
April 15: VS Cleveland
April 17: VS Charlotte
April 19: @ New Jersey
April 20: @ New York
The Wizards current record is 41-35

The Celtics remaining schedule:
April 12: @ Philadelphia
April 13: @ Milwaukee
April 15: VS Miami
April 17: @ Toronto
April 19: @ Cleveland
April 20: VS New Jersey
The Celtics current record is 41-35

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I really want us to get the third seed, but I have a feeling Boston might go on another winning steak with the return of Walker. So I'm going to go and say we'll end up with the sixth seed and face Boston in the first round. They will have homecourt advantage over us, but that hasn't stopped us from beating them each time we play so far.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Kunlun said:
I really want us to get the third seed, but I have a feeling Boston might go on another winning steak with the return of Walker. So I'm going to go and say we'll end up with the sixth seed and face Boston in the first round. They will have homecourt advantage over us, but that hasn't stopped us from beating them each time we play so far.
I believe that we can get the third seed. I hope Boston does do so well in their last games, because they are playin some hungary teams, as so we are too. We just need to win our games. We have HEAT to play, and hopefully we can beat them. If we can get passed them, we can win this Atlantic Title.

Go SIXERS!

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PhillyPhanatic said:
I'm aiming high here. I see the third seed in front of us, and don't see why we can't grab it from the Celts.
It's what I'm thinking too, I just didn't want to jinx it for us. Oops! Did I just say it? Damn.

Go SIXERS!!

·
Jedi/Sith Hybrid
1,455 Posts
Third seed would be amazing especially because we wouldn't have to face Miami or Detroit early...having said that I'm a big believer that we can take Detroit this year regardless of what Charles Barkley says. He'll be taking that back when Iverson drops 50 on them and Iggy slams it in Big Ben's face.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Max Payne said:
Third seed would be amazing especially because we wouldn't have to face Miami or Detroit early...having said that I'm a big believer that we can take Detroit this year regardless of what Charles Barkley says. He'll be taking that back when Iverson drops 50 on them and Iggy slams it in Big Ben's face.
If we do get Detroit, I would love to see our team **** on Larry Brown's face after he left us when we lost to them two years ago. That would be satisfying.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Kunlun said:
If we do get Detroit, I would love to see our team **** on Larry Brown's face after he left us when we lost to them two years ago. That would be satisfying.
That would be a dream come true, I'd especially love to see Iverson have a series like he had against Toronto all those years ago.

·
Registered
527 Posts
if we want the 3rd seed we have to win the boston game but predict the final spot of sixers is tough because they are winning but i thing they are still inconsistant and in one phase of game they are winning for 10 in the other losing for 10 and its tough because for what i said also facing in the first round boston is the best because we won all games against them also then in second round maybe pistons or so.

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
Kunlun said:
I'd rather do that in the second round, wouldn't you?

While they definately can get 3rd, they have 4 killer games coming up next. Boston and NJ are going to be determined to beat them, Indiana is on a surge, and Miami is Miami. If they can win at least two(one a boston) of the next 4, and win their last two, they should be able to get a tiebreaker over boston, since they'll probably lose 3 games.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Max Payne said:
I'm a big believer that we can take Detroit this year regardless of what Charles Barkley says. He'll be taking that back when Iverson drops 50 on them and Iggy slams it in Big Ben's face.
What did Charles Barkley say?

I voted for the 3rd seed.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It seems that our hopes for winning the Division title are all but gone now. With our loss to the Celtics today we are three games behind them and even though Boston's schedule is harder than ours, I don't think we can catch up.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
If the Celtics lose tonight against Milwaukee, it'll leave the door open just a crack.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ps!ence_Fiction said:
If the Celtics lose tonight against Milwaukee, it'll leave the door open just a crack.
Celtics won, Division is pretty much theirs. We should just focus on making the playoffs now, big game tomorrow against Miami.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
New Jersey lost, so we now have a 1 1/2 game cushion.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts