Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Kardashian Cursed
12,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the over saturated current world of message boards, social media, reddit ...etc it seems as if this place is dying a slow, painful death into obscurity.

18 people online at the moment. I remember when there used to be THOUSANDS.

So many memories here with you guys. I remember this being my go-to place during my college years (under and masters). The arguments about if Tmac was better than Kobe was the reason why I joined. Been with BBB.net with a older account that I long lost, then this account in 05. As I browse though now it looks as if this place is a almost abandoned desert town with tumble weeds blowing through the wind.

Its been real fellas, but it looks like its close to being over.

·
Administrator
26,979 Posts
Independent web fora as a whole have been dying as increasingly people post from phones and tablets and apps like Tapatalk are pretty much junk. So Twitter, FaceBook, etc. are becoming the way to go. The owners haven't really put much thought into social media or mobile app development, and it's a pity. An app probably would have made them some decent coin and have kept the whole community functioning.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Really is unfortunate. I did what I could for a long time to try and keep the boards active. Times have changed and social media has taken over in every way. I'll still be here and posting until it really is completely dead. Enjoyed my time posting here over the last 11 years - will continue to enjoy it while I can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used to really enjoy this place...but as I got older with kids and more responsibilities I had less time...then I found myself just lurking..now I just check in once a month....I think that this was probably the case for a lot of the old posters...and then with Twitter and other social media sites there is no need for message boards anymore...so it is hard to bring in new posters...

This was a great great message board in it's prime though...

I forgot my original password...but my original name was Reisedogg..then changed to Midnight Marauder

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
Man back the heyday, this place was crazy busy. Sad to see it in it's current state. While I agree with social media, and all-in-one websites like reddit for taking up much of the traffic, VerticalScope did BBF no favors with their terrible ownership and model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts