Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Curry experiencing heart problems, does Pax roll the dice and re-sign him anyway, or should he play it safe and go after someone else like Dalembert. Dalembert will come a lot cheaper than Curry will. If he is lucky, maybe Pax
can sign and trade Eddy for Dalembert or someone else.

With Dalembert we would be a much better defensive team but we lose a lot of points unless Pax can find a 2 guard (Joe Johnson?)

Also a decision has to be made on Hinrich. I think he should be traded because Duhon is a reasonable facsimile of him. Besides, Gordon IS gonna be the starter eventually, so why not make room for him. Gordon is gonna need a big, versatile, defensive guard to play with him.

Maybe they can put a package together of EC and KH for a quality big guard.

What do y'all think?

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
I think we have plenty of strong defensive players. We need some guys that excel and putting the ball in the hoop. Chandler and Dalembert would be imposing, but who would score?

Assuming Curry is healthy, I'd let the market set the price and match it. The danger being pissing the big fella off... and him leaving for less money.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
kukoc4ever said:
I think we have plenty of strong defensive players. We need some guys that excel and putting the ball in the hoop. Chandler and Dalembert would be imposing, but who would score?

Assuming Curry is healthy, I'd let the market set the price and match it. The danger being pissing the big fella off... and him leaving for less money.
I'm confused, how can Curry leave this summer for less money?

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
bullsville said:
I'm confused, how can Curry leave this summer for less money?
That's right. Point being letting the market set the price can lead to pissing the big man off. We can always resign him since he's restricted.

There might be an advantage to just signing him and keeping the relationship positive.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
kukoc4ever said:
That's right. Point being letting the market set the price can lead to pissing the big man off. We can always resign him since he's restricted.

There might be an advantage to just signing him and keeping the relationship positive.
But that's just unrealistic IMO. Eddy's agents don't seem like the brightest in the world, but they have to understand that's how the game works in restricted free agency.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Pax has already said he is going to make a very fair offer to Curry as soon as he possibly can. So Pax should do just that.

An RFA swap of Curry for Dalembart would be dang near impossible. It's hard enough to trade one RFA in a deal...Let alone 2. Each team would have BYC issue to deal with. Think about it....

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
bullsville said:
But that's just unrealistic IMO. Eddy's agents don't seem like the brightest in the world, but they have to understand that's how the game works in restricted free agency.
Probably true. Eddy’s agents do seem raw.

But, Eddy's a 22 year old guy and anyone likes to feel appreciated by their employer, even if you do realize its a business.

Even though I'm a little bit older than Eddy, I know when I first started working I liked it when my boss gave me a raise. He could have said... well... go out and try to find another job and we'll match the salary if you get one. I would not be too happy with them if they did that.

I'd be curious to know the percentage of restricted free agents that resign with their original team w/o another team's offer, the percentage that leave their team and the percentage that stay with their team after another team's offer. How common is it really to let the market dictate the price and then retain the player?

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
johnston797 said:
Pax has already said he is going to make a very fair offer to Curry as soon as he possibly can. So Pax should do just that.

An RFA swap of Curry for Dalembart would be dang near impossible. It's hard enough to trade one RFA in a deal...Let alone 2. Each team would have BYC issue to deal with. Think about it....
I agree 100%, I just don't think Eddy's agents are going to agree with what Pax thinks is a "fair" offer.

Pax thought offering Jamal the MLE was "fair". I see the same thing happening with Eddy, Pax will offer more than the MLE obviously but Eddy's agents are still going to try to get more.

IMO, of course.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Eddy Curry's irregular heart beat is a non issue right now. Its gone, its dissipiated. When I talked to Eddy today, he said that he wanted to play tonight, and tommorow. He said that he will be going into the hospital tommorow morning to have some tests done. If all are good he will be cleared to play. He said it is Paxsons wish for Eddy to just rest up until they play New York on friday. He said that it is possible to get a private jet and go down to Orlando and play, but he will not do that and play in the New York game on friday.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
bullsville said:
I agree 100%, I just don't think Eddy's agents are going to agree with what Pax thinks is a "fair" offer.

Pax thought offering Jamal the MLE was "fair". I see the same thing happening with Eddy, Pax will offer more than the MLE obviously but Eddy's agents are still going to try to get more.

IMO, of course.
Paxson never talked as positively about resigning JC. It could still be an impasse, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sloth said:
Eddy Curry's irregular heart beat is a non issue right now. Its gone, its dissipiated. When I talked to Eddy today, he said that he wanted to play tonight, and tommorow. He said that he will be going into the hospital tommorow morning to have some tests done. If all are good he will be cleared to play. He said it is Paxsons wish for Eddy to just rest up until they play New York on friday. He said that it is possible to get a private jet and go down to Orlando and play, but he will not do that and play in the New York game on friday.
If his heart is not problematic, then Pax HAS to re-sign him. How can you break up the hottest team in the NBA? :whoknows: But now you have a big man with a bad heart to go along with a big man with a bad back (Tyson).

How long can you depend on a pair like that?

Now with Tyson there are exercises he can do to keep his back muscles strong. Can Eddy do anything to strenthen his heart?

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Bulls4Life said:
Now with Tyson there are exercises he can do to keep his back muscles strong. Can Eddy do anything to strenthen his heart?
If he brings me the broomstick of the Wycked Wytch of the Wyst, I might see about helping him out.

-- the Wyzzard!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts