Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are some teams, like Spurs and Pistons, who do defense so good that they´ll hold any team below their season averages. But they also struggle frequently on offense...and if you score +100 points, it´s 99% a win. And then there are some teams, like the Mavs and Kings, who have so much firepower that they get +60 points by half-time. And those teams tend to lack defense...if you hold them below 100 points, that´s a likely win 99% of the time. I was wondering what are some teams that have a good balance between offense and defence. Teams that can rely on both aspects of their game...

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Minnesota easily has the best balance. They are 8th in points scored, and 9th in points allowed. Scoring 95 a game, and allowing 90.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!
Minnesota easily has the best balance. They are 8th in points scored, and 9th in points allowed. Scoring 95 a game, and allowing 90.
I agree, the TWolves have balance offensively & defensively. A healthy Laker team does - as well.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!
The Rockets? I thought they struggled to score points?

I would say the Timberwolves also, but a healthy Lakers team has the best balance.
A healthy Lakers team gets their a** kicked by the Memphis Grizzlies! They didn't have the best balance! They were just too damn cocky!

I'll also have to say the T-Wolves because they're really not doing anything wrong! They're pushing all the right buttons and may very well end up first in the west and make it past the first round of the playoffs1 They still have to prove they can do that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts