Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are players on teams that in the next 2-5 years could be a great tandem. Because in todays game everyone knows that you need at least 3 options on a team, some can get by with two but most ever team wants three super star players to build around. These are the players that I think should be kept together if there team wants to be good down the road in 2-5 years. The players on each team are ranked by order of importance.

Denver= 1)Tskitishvili, 2)Hilario, 3)Andersen, 4)Posey
{Could have a very hard lineup to guard with Tskitishvili at the 4, Hilario at the 5 and Anderson as the 3, plus Posey at the 2}

Houston= 1)Ming, 2)Francis, 3)Griffin
{Could have a great lineup, they have a super PG in Steve, slasher shot blocker in Griffin and a matchup nightmare in Ming, they have length and speed}

Memphis= 1)Gasol, 2)Gooden, 3)Battier
{Another big lineup, having Gasol the 4 and Gooden the 3 could cause a lot of prolbems matching up, and Battier would just be the glue to Gasol and Gooden.

Utah= 1)Stevenson, 2)Borchardt, 3)Kirilenko
{Have a super star in the waiting in DeShawn, could have a good high low game with Borchardt at the 5 and in the middle of that could be Kirilenko being the slasher/rebounder.}

Washington=1)Brown 2)Haywood, 3)Hughes, 4)Grizzard 5)Jeffries
{Very verstile lineup and can fill ever spot, two good guards in Hughes and Rod, do everything 3 in Jeffries, and Brown could play inside out and Haywood would be the force down low.}

Golden State= 1)Jamison, 2)Richardson, 3)Dunleavy, 4)Arenas
{They need Jamison to be a monster down low for this to work, but they have the outside game with Mike, slasher with Jason and Arenas maning the PG is not bad.}

Cleveland= 1)Wagner, 2)Miles, 3)Diop, 4)Davis
{They would have to sign everyone but Wagner at the PG scoring, Davis being the slasher 2, Miles helping with the ball handling, rebounding and second scorer, and Diop being the force in the middle.}

Chicago= 1)Curry, 2)Chandler, 3)Williams, 4)Crawford
{All goes around Curry, if he can get going that will open up Jason's outside game, Chandler could be the slasher at the 4 or 3 even, and they need Crawford if they want Jay as a 2 guard.}

Atlanta= 1)Abdur-Rahim, 2)Terry, 3)Johnson
{Could have a nice high low with Abdur-Rahim and Terry penetrating, and Johnson is the wild card, but if he preforms like he can in the furture the Hawks could have something}

Phoenix= 1)Stoudemire, 2)Marion,3)Tsakalidis, 4)Johnson
{Could have everything, a dominate center, athletic 4, defensive gem at the 3 and a playmaker at the 2, I would have put Marbury on here but I think any PG would work with this lineup, but they have to hold on to all of them though.}

·
Registered
88 Posts
ALL teams should keep their young talent together so the players can grow together and develop team chemistry.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Houston= 1)Ming, 2)Francis, 3)Griffin, 4)Mobley

Utah= 1)Stevenson, 2)Lopez, 3)Kirilenko

Phoenix= 1)Stoudemire, 2)Marion,3)Ford, 4)Johnson

·
Registered
316 Posts
I agree, all teams should keep there young talent together down the road, but here are my top ones:

1. Cleveland
2. Houston
3. Phoenix
4. Utah
5. Golden State
6. Denver
7. Memphis
8. Chicago
9. Washington
10. Atlanta

·
Registered
694 Posts
1. Clippers
2. Chicago
3. Atlanta
4. Utah-(not gonna be good for a while)
5. Golden State
6. Denver
7. Memphis
8. Chicago
9. Mavs
10. Pheonix

·
A!
9,434 Posts
This is somewhat of a trick question. Well, every team needs to keep their young talent. Chicago and LA are the teams that immediately come to mind when I think about keeping their talent together, because they will probably be the best young, talented teams in the league from here on out.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Definitely the Clippers.....everyone knows they're stacked with talent, but D.S. has other thoughts??? If they can hold onto their group and pay their players the funds, they'll be strong in the west.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
What about the Clippers...Brand, Olowakandi, Odom, Richardson, and Miller. The Clippers no doubt have the best. They even have Maggette, Jaric, Dooling, Wilcox and Ely off the bench.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Is everyone forgeting that Indiana has the youngest team in the league? None of the top 10 lists (unless Im mistaken) had them on there. No one respects this team because they are small market and theres alot of Miller haters out there. Indiana will be a top 5 seed in the east next year, because of their young talent. If Tinsley, Bender, Harrington and O'neal arent considered young tallent then I dont know who is.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Clippers and Pacers are not a young talented team in my mind, they have great young talent but they are ready to compete as a team in the NBA. All the teams I said are still kind of in the bottom of the NBA, and to be good they need to keep the players I said.

I don't look as the Clippers as a young talented team because they now have experience, Miller has some, Michael has really grown, same with Brand and Odom, they are not young anymore.

The Pacers are still young but with O'Neal being there main guy, he himself is not young and has been in the NBA for a while, yeah Harrington and Bender are young but most of the players on the Pacers have matured, Tinsely is only in his second year but he plays like a veteran in my book.

(I should have said young talent on bad teams, talent that still needs to grow)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Odom, Brand, Maggette, Dooling and Richardson are 22 or under.

Wilcox is 19, Ely is 24. Jaric is 23.

Miller and Kandi are 26 and 27 respectively.

You don't get much younger than that.

The Clips should be mentioned here. While they do have a team that is proven to an extent, this team is NOWHERE near what it can become 2-5 years down the line.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok yeah the Clippers are young, but they had a good record last year, you want them on here fine. But I think they already went through keeping the young players etc, and now it is time to preform, they are not going to be in the bottom of the NBA anymore. And if they don't have a above .500 record this year I think that will be a big disapointment, but if Denver does who cares! They still need time to build, the Clippers have already built and are ready to contend, well I think that and takes them out of the young talent category in my view. Just like the Pacers, Mavs, Celtics, Magic, Pistons, they are not real old either but they contend, so that talent has grown up. But if your talking age, sure the Clippers are a "young" talented group of ballers.

·
Registered
553 Posts
The Clippers need to the most, though I want to see The Warriors do it for once. They trade away their future too foten then go back to the same old drawing board with the same old ideas. This group has as much potetial as we've had for a while. Hopefully we'll see the fruits of their labour on our team for a change.

The Clippers have had the stigma of being a team that wont (not can't) hold onto their talent. It's time they shed that, and this group is the erfect group to start with

·
Registered
32 Posts
People don't relieze the Pacers are the youngest team in the NBA because they are so good. The youngest team in the NBA isnt suppose to win over 20 games, less yet make the playoffs and nearly knock off the #1 seed. If Indiana is younger than Cleveland, Chicago, etc. yet already winning twice as many games than those teams, how good will they be in a few seasons when guys get experience and they develop team chemistry? They're gonna be elite and the will be THEE team that finally gives the west a serious threat in the Finals.
I dont get how Jermaine O'Neal "isnt" young? He's 23 years old, he's the youngets player in NBA history, sure he's been in the league 5 seasons now but that doesnt matter, he's still extremely young and already a near-dominant player. His "4 years at college" were being wasted on the Portland bench.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
chicago is younger then indiana

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not sure about now after the draft and player movement, but last season Indiana was the youngest team in the NBA

·
Registered
924 Posts
Bulls Average Age: 24
Pacers Average Age: 24.4

1 - 20 of 28 Posts