Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You're 5 and 5 in your last 10.

You've jump frogged Philly, and with a couple more wins you could go up 4 spots in overall record standings.

Why? Tank you idiots. Tank.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
If Orlando can get themselves a cornerstone player they'll be dangerous. A guy who's still trying to prove he can lead a playoff team himself, like Kevin Love or Chris Bosh (or maybe even Lance, even though he's not a great fit), would be smart to sign on there.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If Orlando can get themselves a cornerstone player they'll be dangerous. A guy who's still trying to prove he can lead a playoff team himself, like Kevin Love or Chris Bosh (or maybe even Lance, even though he's not a great fit), would be smart to sign on there.
Lance, Oladipo, and Wiggins/Parker/Smart? None of those guys are bench guys.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Lance, Oladipo, and Wiggins/Parker/Smart? None of those guys are bench guys.
Their best lineup is probably the one that puts Tobias Harris at power forward, where he can bully smaller guys in the post and drive around bigger guys (kind of like Carmelo, if you squint hard enough). If we go with this theoretical, I'd be alright with Lance and Oladipo acting as twin combo guards without a traditional point guard and a Wiggins-Harris-Vucevic frontcourt.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
I think there's a decent chance we sign Stephenson this summer, but more likely save the cap space for 2015 where we would have the space for two max guys. Most likely two lotto picks this year too. Would love to roll out an Ennis/Oladipo/Wiggins/Harris/Vucevic lineup next year. Not that far fetched either. For a bad draft, I think we hit big time with Oladipo. Not a number one, best player on a title team guy, but an excellent number two. Great character, high effort, hard worker, plays both sides of the ball.

I'm not crazy about winning these games now and losing ping pong balls, but as long as it's Oladipo and guys in the long term plan doing it and gaining valuable experience like last night I'm fine. If Jameer starts firing up 30 shots and leads us to an expected win, then I'll be pissed.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Orlando winning is not a bad thing.
How so? If they win a couple more games they'll move in front of Boston, Sacramento, LA and Utah. That's not smart when you've clearly spent the first half of the season tanking.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
How so? If they win a couple more games they'll move in front of Boston, Sacramento, LA and Utah. That's not smart when you've clearly spent the first half of the season tanking.

Because I'm a Lakers fan, that's how so.

·
Premium Member
26,979 Posts
I think there's a decent chance we sign Stephenson this summer, but more likely save the cap space for 2015 where we would have the space for two max guys. Most likely two lotto picks this year too. Would love to roll out an Ennis/Oladipo/Wiggins/Harris/Vucevic lineup next year. Not that far fetched either. For a bad draft, I think we hit big time with Oladipo. Not a number one, best player on a title team guy, but an excellent number two. Great character, high effort, hard worker, plays both sides of the ball.

I'm not crazy about winning these games now and losing ping pong balls, but as long as it's Oladipo and guys in the long term plan doing it and gaining valuable experience like last night I'm fine. If Jameer starts firing up 30 shots and leads us to an expected win, then I'll be pissed.
I know you're going to hate hearing me say this, but a Smart/Oladipo backcourt is going to be a monster. If I were Orlando I might take him in front of anyone save Embiid (and if I were drafting #1 I would strongly consider letting the Sixers have Embiid for both of their lottery picks and tabbing Smart and Cauley-Stein).

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
I know you're going to hate hearing me say this, but a Smart/Oladipo backcourt is going to be a monster. If I were Orlando I might take him in front of anyone save Embiid (and if I were drafting #1 I would strongly consider letting the Sixers have Embiid for both of their lottery picks and tabbing Smart and Cauley-Stein).
You're right, I do hate hearing that. Smart and Cauley-Stein are probably my two least favorite players of any of the potential lottery picks in this draft, I would be livid if we traded Embiid for them. If we're going to take a combo guard to play alongside Oladipo I hope it's Exum. If the Magic have the #1 overall pick they better not be trading down for more picks. They're in a position where they need a superstar, not 3 lower lotto picks (remember they're getting a 1st rounder from Denver this year too).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts