Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Sign Tal Burnstein, he's a 6-7 PG/SG/SF that would allow a linup with both Kobe and Kareem, also Burnstein is a 53% 3 shooter.
2. Trade Walker, Madsen and a near-future 1st to G.S. for Danny Fortson and Adonal Foyle.
3. re-sign Jelani McCoy
then they have a lineup of:
PG Burnstein
SG Bryant
SF Rush
PF Fortson
C SHAQ
bench: Fisher,Foyle, Fox,Horry, Murray
inserting Burnstein in the linup allows him to guard the SF and it moves Rush into the linup. Adding Fortson gives the much needed rebounding and second post body the Lakers lack.
this would be their linup in 2 years but for now Fox and Fisher will start....and on another topic, Fox wont ever be traded because he took the vet min to stay with the team so Phil is in debt to Fox, Horry could be moved but he's primetime so I think he's there until he retires.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
You're forgetting all about Devean George.

And a better deal for the Lakers would be Tracy Murray and Samaki Walker for Danny Fortson.

Kareem Rush WILL NOT start, Phil Jackson usually never starts rookies. Especially when he has a Championship team.

If this Burnstein guy is better than Fisher, why haven't we been hearing things about him?

Fisher will start, Rush will not, bottomline. Rush might start in the future, but definitely not in his first season with the 3 time champs.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To answer the first post, Kareem is 1/2'' smaller but is tougher and stronger and Kobe's two biggest injuries were sustained at SF so I think Kareem will be the listed SF. And to answer the second post, I said in two years, I know Phil hates rookies. And as for George he fits Horrys role when Horry retires which should be soon (maybe two or three years).

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
First of all Rush is much smaller in stature than Kobe has got to play the sg ,can barely defend the 2 darn sure can't defend the 3, George could never fill Horry role because Horry plays the 4 and George could never play that position consistently way too small.Also Phil wants Kobe too not handle the ball as much next year and attack from the wing alot more in the future. Rush needs to show Phil early and often some toughness and consistency or he may not play that much at all, I like Rush think he's a real steal but Phil takes a while to warm up to new players in his system and if they are inconsistent he benches them ie Mitch Richmond ,Lindsy Hunter,Samaki Walker.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
1. A trade for Fortson won't happen-Shaq doesn't like him and he would be hard to get.

2. Rush won't start-and he won't play SF for sure-he is too small and he isn't as good as Fox/George.

3. I've never even heard of Tal Burnstein-and I don't think many other people have either..so I doubt he would start for us. We won't even sign him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.