Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Get a tall PG to play next to Francis. Cat is just too much of a defensive liability. Cedric Bozeman, Marcus Moore, or Julius Hodge would all work but the Rockets do not have a 1st pick next year, so a trade is in order. Cat Mobley and Moochie Norris for anyone of those tall PGs and a near-future 1st.

2. Ming is not going to be a big difference! Center is still the position the Rockets need so why not spend 7 or 8 million on Elden Campbell when he's a FA next year.

3. Eddie Griffin is a PF, you can say he's a great shooter, but 33% 3s and 36% from the field are awefull numbers, move him back to the post where he belongs, even if he does get pushed around a lot he has to learn. Bostjan Nachbar is a perfectly capable SF, he's not a pure shooter though, he's great off the dribble and is solid all-around.

the gives them a lineup like this:
PG Bozeman (assume the best)
SG Francis
SF Nachbar
PF Griffin
C Campbell
Bench: Taylor, Ming, Cato, Rice, Williams, Torres....

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I agree, to a point

I agree that it wouldn't be a bad idea to add a tall pointguard, and I wouldn't mind trading Cat if I was a Houston fan. Yeah, him and Francis are good friends, well so were DMiles and Q.

I also agree that adding Campbell would be a good idea. Ming is the future for them at center, but he's a few years away right now. Campbell's pretty old and would be able to teach Ming by example how to play in the post in the NBA.

PG Bozeman (assume the best)
I don't agree on this however, because I think Bozeman sucks. He's a tall athletic pointguard, but that's it. He'll end up as one of those guys who people always talk about his potential, but he never lives up to it. Just my opinion though.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Nah that would be just stupied to move Francis to SG and bring in a sucky PG and trade Mobley..Mobley lead the Rockets in Scorin why would u trade him for a 1st Round pick to get a PG when they got a great PG already..

·
Registered
924 Posts
Here's what the Rockets need to do...

STAY HEALTHY!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Don't tell me Ming won't make a big difference when you've never seen him play. All reports from those people that have actually seen him play and not read scouting reports think he is extremely worthy of the top pick.

Also, watch a few Rockets games before you comment on Cat's defense. Cat is a rapidly improving defender... at least average... and is signed for the prime of his career at below market value. He also works every day of the offseason in the gym, something few NBA players can claim.

There's a problem with the Rockets perimeter defense, but it's not Mobley... it's Francis.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mduke</b>!
yeah! let's trade a good young SG that scores 20 ppg for a bad, unproven tall PG! If he's taller than Cat, he must be better!:rolleyes: Have you bothered to watch the Rockets play, or just saying things that sound right to you?
Couldnt agree more mduke. Mobeley is a proven consistant 2 guard in the league.If we need to get a tall guard it needs to be a two guard. Francis is a point not a two guard. I think Mobeley is doing a fine job so why trade him? I belive that adding Cambell would be great for the team. He can rebound and score well in the post. He is a lot better than Cato. cambell could play for like two years until Ming develops. I think that Griffin also need to be moved to his natural spot, the PF slot. Rice can start a t the three until Nachbar gets a feel for the NBA game

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think the Rockets just need to develope their young players: Nachbar, Ming and Griffin. They are perfect fits for this team. Francis and Mobley are perfectly capable of running the show. The next step will be to improve the defense, but it could be done in one or two years from now, there is no hurry. They should take Kings and Mavericks example to become a winning franchise again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts