Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a die-hard Heat fan, my heart will be broken next summer. If Zo leaves as a free agent, the Heat will lose the face of its franchise for as long as it has enjoyed any success. If he stays (at a high salary) they will be burdened with cap inflexibility and the uncertainty of Mourning's health. I don't envy Riley and Co. for having to make this decision. I hope Zo works with the team and comes back at a reduced salary which would allow the team to both keep its charitable leader and pursue a big-name free agent. What do you guys think the team should do?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Knowing Zo.. He has a big heart and would probably take a paycut in order to allow the Heat to sign a big name FA to help him out... He doesnt have alot of years left, so he wants a ring

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Originally posted by Takeit2dahouse00
Knowing Zo.. He has a big heart and would probably take a paycut in order to allow the Heat to sign a big name FA to help him out... He doesnt have alot of years left, so he wants a ring
He wants a ring...he may find it in a Western Conference team, but until Shaq is gone, the Lakers will probably 7-Peat.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Imagine we let Zo walk for nothing,and the Kings sign him?!

That would dethrone the Fakers!:yes:

C - Zo/Divac
PF - C-Webb/Pollard/Fundi
SF - Peja/Turk/Wallace
SG - Christe/Jackson
PG - Bibby/Cleaves

But it AINT gonna happen!:no:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Zo would almost definately take a paycut as he is currently the symbol of the team and has everything here such as foundations for kids, sickness and also the oh so famous "Zo's summer groove".

Zo is a leader and will do whatever to help the Heat, I am 100% sure for that.

·
Registered
694 Posts
As a different alternative, I bet you that the Mavs would be interested in signing a great defensive player..You could probably trade him for 2 players, just an idea.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
If we trade Zo it will be to a contender,so he can get a ring.We would NEVER trade him to a rebuilding team like the Cavs!:no:

Lakers
Kings
Mavs
Blazers
T-Wolves
Nets
Spurs

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by Takeit2dahouse00
I also think Zo has a big heart, but he needs to rid himself of the money hungry agent, David Falk, in order to let his big heart allow the Heat to rebuild around him.

·
Registered
546 Posts
If Zo leaves theres no way he would stay in the east , especially Riles would never let him go to a team in our division.

And i think the same like Patrick , with all his foundations that he build here he would never let it alone .

I am 100% sure that zo stays here for less money i think about
5-8 millions .

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
I gaurantee that Zo finishes his career in Miami-he is too close to the city and his team to leave-he'll take a small pay cut and give Miami money to sign a PG to get him the ball.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Zo is anemic....... hope he'll be able to play next season.
but since we eon't let him go, he'll probably accept the paycut.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.