Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Kardashian Cursed
12,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the rockets obviously need to get a lot of things straight.

The gaurds seem to be our main problem.

What do you think we need/should/have to do inorder to turn this season around?

Yes its only the begining, and it does remind me of last year, but we need to get on track now inorder to get good position for may and june.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Problems at the beginning of last year:

1) Yao was awful
2) team couldn't rebound
3) Charlie Ward at PG
4) McGrady was terrible(by his standards)
5) slow unathletic backcourt
6) no offensive punch
7) no energy

Problems at the beginning of this year:

1) guards poor shooting
2) mcgrady's absence(unable close games)
3) Yao's foul trouble
4) guards poor shooting
5-10...guards poor shooting

11-20 guards poor shooting.

Truthfully, I dont think this is anything like the beginning of last season mainly cause McGrady didn't play in 3 of the 4 losses...games in which Houston had 4th qt leads.

I didn't see the last games but it seems as if Boston did to Houston what Houston did New Jersey. Take away this last game and Houston's D is still top notch.

Yao has to stay on the court somehow and Houston has to get him the ball....8 shots?

and of course the guards have to make shots. Barry, Wesley, Head, Anderson, Alston went a combined 7-32 from the field(22%)....thats awful.

The guy that has me worried is Skip. I thought he was better shooter than this. I thought he was more offensive minded than this. Only averaging around 8 shots a game.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
The poll on Rockets.com:

"Who do you think is going to surprise with an all-star caliber season?

Rafer Alston - 38%
Derek Anderson - 28%
Luther Head - 26%
David Wesley - 6%
Ryan Bowen - 2%

·
Kardashian Cursed
12,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
true, last year we did have a mix of diffrent problems.

But it just seems like if we are without Mcgrady, our offence is a complete disaster.
Our backcourt still seems to be a problem. We attempted to fix it over the offseason. Now it is early, but our backcourt will haunt us till the end of the season if something isnt improved. I just hope JVG can mold the new additions into a combination of players who know their roles and just play the game.

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts
Hakeem said:
The poll on Rockets.com:

"Who do you think is going to surprise with an all-star caliber season?

Rafer Alston - 38%
Derek Anderson - 28%
Luther Head - 26%
David Wesley - 6%
Ryan Bowen - 2%
i saw that too. wtf? i voted head because the other 2 have just been awful. and unless bowen sat there and voted for himself a lot, how did he get 2%?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Pimped Out said:
i saw that too. wtf? i voted head because the other 2 have just been awful. and unless bowen sat there and voted for himself a lot, how did he get 2%?
:laugh: he got 2% cuz some bored people like to vote without checking the choices carefully. If you were in the list, you would also get 2%,or maybe 3%. the question is he shouldnt have been put in the list.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yes everything is a mess right now, but its early, tmac has only played 3 games and everyone isnt used to each other, Im positive that they will infact get their act together and start acting like the league leaders they are.

Also, DA is holding us back way too much, either waive him, or trade him, hes not worthy enough to start for the Rockets!

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Pimped Out said:
I voted Bowen. If things get crazy enough that guys like DA and Alston can become All-Stars, impossible is nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts