Votes: 5 23.8%
  • TRADE HIM BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!

Votes: 15 71.4%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been a fan of Steve Francis...I was still bitter over him starting over Cassell at the ASG this year, but skipping a flight to watch the Super Bowl!!! Now thats unacceptable!!! I really can´t find a word to describe my feelings toward this guy. I couldn't believe that anyone could get away with that. If you're a huge fan of one of the teams, if the game is that important to you, TAPE IT!!!! He´s being a paid millions of dollars to play...he needs to be more responsible...this is not high school! the Rockets are really not going anywhere with this guy at PG. I was thinking about them moving Francis to SG and trade Mobley for a true PG..but man!!! this guy doesn´t deserve to play with a franchise meant to qualify to play-offs...seriously! what other team is 8th seed in their conference with 2 all-star starters??? His disciplinary actions to a side, this guy is just hurting Yao´s development...Yao could easily become a 20/10 with a semi decent PG...soooo houston gm should trade him before it´s too late...

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Yao hasn't done jack with Francis out and Mark Jackson at PG who is old but still one of the best passers in the game.

Yao has a long way to go before, Francis might not be a top PG but he is a good scorer and without him Yao is lost inside especially when he isn't hot from the field.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yao and Jackson don´t have the chemistry...and I meant someone better than Jackson when I said "semi-decent"...someone whose game would bring Yao´s game up, not down! I know Francis has a 45 inch vertical...but thats all the man has! He can throw down a reverse after doing a 360 in the air... but he doesn´t (I don´t if he can´t or can...) get the ball to yao in the low-post enough. Why doesn´t he join the us track and field team and go to athens 2004...he might win the olympic high jump...

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I lost some respect for Francis when he refused to play for the Grizzlies. Now he pulls this stunt w/ the Super Bowl. It appears that this is a pattern for him and he obviously is putting himself first. Unless he changes his attitudes and priorities, I think he will find himself playing for many teams the rest of his career. I seriously question how much he cares about winning games as opposed to his own personal success.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>panthera_pardus</b>!
Yao and Jackson don´t have the chemistry...and I meant someone better than Jackson when I said "semi-decent"...someone whose game would bring Yao´s game up, not down! I know Francis has a 45 inch vertical...but thats all the man has! He can throw down a reverse after doing a 360 in the air... but he doesn´t (I don´t if he can´t or can...) get the ball to yao in the low-post enough. Why doesn´t he join the us track and field team and go to athens 2004...he might win the olympic high jump...
Stevie can play. I don't see how you can deny that. Its a common thing for some players to play worse in a style of offense that conflicts with their skills. If you want to see a player who just has athletic ability see: Darius Miles.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!
Yao hasn't done jack with Francis out and Mark Jackson at PG who is old but still one of the best passers in the game.

Yao has a long way to go before, Francis might not be a top PG but he is a good scorer and without him Yao is lost inside especially when he isn't hot from the field.
C'mon that was one game, and it's not all about who passes the ball to Yao. Yao needs someone to take some pressure away from the post, so he won't be surrounded by 2 or 3 guys once he gets the ball. Francis can be a good scorer, but has he proven that this yr? maybe in 1 out of every 5 games... You notice how Francis takes at least like 2-3 seconds standing with the ball b4 he actually gets the pass there, if he does at all??
Yao's already exceeded expectations this yr, and Yao don't need Francis as much as Francis needs Yao.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
I say trade him. The team will be much better with a solid pass first point guard who can start for the team, someone like Kirk Hinrich will be perfect for Houston IMO.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
i have a feeling that most of you people dont follow the rockets, becasue all of what you say is lies. Francis wants to win badly. He has good character. This is his first tiem getting into trouble!!! He does much more than jump!!! He is in a slump and will go back to his good days. Im sure you need much more than jumping to do 20+ 6+ 6+. Sure he didnt make it to the playooffs, but atleast he has a winning record when he plays. Plus, if you give so much respect for t-mac, and his team is worse than francis's, i sense hipocracy. He is not that selfish idiotic brat people think of. I live in houston, and i know what he has done for the city. He is invloved in soo many charity events, and goes to elementry schools, and has good realationships wit hthe kids in houston. The guy never had handcuffs on him. He is still the leader of this team, and people saw what happend when it was up to yao to do it all...The rockets lost by 20 to the worst team in the west(without Amare). See, francis is vital to the rockets. For the first time a pure pg started for the rockets in a while(Mark jackson), and it was terrible. Everyone was lost without steve on the court.
Steve francis is one of those players that is called to be overratted sooooooooooo much, that he eventually becomes underrated.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Yao Mania</b>!

C'mon that was one game, and it's not all about who passes the ball to Yao. Yao needs someone to take some pressure away from the post, so he won't be surrounded by 2 or 3 guys once he gets the ball. Francis can be a good scorer, but has he proven that this yr? maybe in 1 out of every 5 games... You notice how Francis takes at least like 2-3 seconds standing with the ball b4 he actually gets the pass there, if he does at all??
Yao's already exceeded expectations this yr, and Yao don't need Francis as much as Francis needs Yao.
All types of PGs do that.

Marbury does a lot of dribbling before he passes, that isn't really the point.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!

All types of PGs do that.

Marbury does a lot of dribbling before he passes, that isn't really the point.
then explain why Marbury avgs 8.7 asst while Francis avgs 5.9? Marbury is a better passer, he knows where to put the ball for his teammates so they get good looks. I can't recall the last time I commended Francis for a good pass...
I don't question his character, I just question how his game can blend in with the rest of the team.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Yao Mania</b>!
Yao don't need Francis as much as Francis needs Yao.
Sums it up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts