Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little concerned that Metta won't fit well with Nash. He doesn't run the floor, and he is not a consistent shooter, so I would prefer that we upgrade that position if possible. I understand that might not be easy, but even adding a backup who can run the floor and hit the spot up 3 would be huge. If we do find a decent wing player it actually wouldn't surprise me if we used the amnesty on Metta given all the rumors of us shopping him in a trade.

Another need is a floor stretching big to play next to Pau when he slides to center and to play next to Bynum when Pau is on the bench. Jamison would be a nice fit there, and if he doesn't come Shard would be a backup plan.

I would also like to upgrade the backup point guard spot since Nash shouldn't be playing big minutes, but I doubt that will happen. So I'm just hoping that Blake can get his shot back if nothing else.

My dream scenario is to trade Bynum and Artest for Dwight and Richardson and then sign Jamison. I think that would give us more athleticism and outside shooting to complement the addition of Nash.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Sign Grant Hill, find a stretch four somewhere, and ideally get a backup two guard.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
metta was our second best player for the better part of the last month of the season and in the play-offs - he's still a good defender and pretty much the only guy on the floor capable of creating turnovers - and everyone is going to shoot better

I dont like throwing him in to the Howard trade to take back a bad contract - **** the magic let them go get Lopez and Brooks if they wont do Howard for Bynum straight-up - their options are limited and their clock is ticking

I'd like them to try to bring back Jordan Hill, and add Grant Hill and Jamison - not sure that's possible unless GHill takes the vets min and Jamison takes the mini-mle - bring back Glock, Ebanks and Morris along with Darius-Magic-Odom

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Metta played better when Kobe went out, but that's not a permanent thing. Even when he was playing better he was still mediocre overall. Add in the rumors of the Lakers shopping him, and the added salary from Nash and I think using the amnesty is at least a possibility.

I do hope they get at least get a backup who can run the floor and hit the 3.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And are people ok with Glock as the backup 2?

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
I like Ebanks better than Glock. Glock might actually be best served as a backup one to try to play a Fisher role along Kobe.

I think the primary need is another athletic defensive minded wing. I'm almost content with McRambis and Hill being the backup bigs.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like Ebanks better than Glock. Glock might actually be best served as a backup one to try to play a Fisher role along Kobe.

I think the primary need is another athletic defensive minded wing. I'm almost content with McRambis and Hill being the backup bigs.
Interesting. Can I ask what it is you like about Ebanks? He always seems so passive on the offensive end and he doesn't really stand out to me defensively although he has some tools to work with.

I think I like your idea of Glock playing the Fisher role.

·
Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,586 Posts
I read that Glock has been dropping weight to improve his quickness and working on his ball handling so that he can play the PG position.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Interesting. Can I ask what it is you like about Ebanks? He always seems so passive on the offensive end and he doesn't really stand out to me defensively although he has some tools to work with.

I think I like your idea of Glock playing the Fisher role.
Disagree, in the preseason and when Kobe was out I thought Ebanks was very asseritive. I just don't think he plays well with Kobe, which is why I want him backing him up.

He's bigger, more athletic, a better midrange jump shooter... Glock really only has a 3 and the floater, which is enough to get him a long career in this league actually. Ebanks is just more versatile on both ends.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
I'm still pretending that Ebanks will eventually turn into a 2009 Trevor Ariza.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Ariza is a far better defender and I actually think Eubanks is more skilled offensively.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
he did a hell of a job on Durant in the regular season after Metta got thrown out of the game

I think Brown messed him up pretty bad with the on again off again wtf? rotations

·
The Black Mamba
1,652 Posts
Young, athletic forwards who can run the floor, shoot 3's, and play defense. Also a young, athletic back up point guard who is quick, can shoot, and play defense.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts