Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) A player scoring 70 or more points in a game?

2) A team will average 110 ppg or more for a season?

3) A player will average more than 12 apg for a season?

4) A player will average as many as 4 bpg for a season?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Originally posted by jericho!
3) A player will average more than 12 apg for a season?

This will happen the soonest. Good point guards can put up assists in that region, if they have the players who work well around them. It has been done before, am I right??

4 bpg doesn't seem hard to do when you think about it, but in reality it is probably one of the hardest things to do. Ben Wallace and Stromile probably could do it though if they were given 45 minutes a night. I'm sure as anything that Stro could do it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Option #1 would have to be the soonest to happen. In time someone will get into the "zone" and drop the 70. Most likely not this year or several years after that, but it's more likely to happen sooner than the others.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it's probably #1, myself. I think we're more likely to see offensive explosions by an individual these days (remember Tony Delk for 51?) than a team sustain such a high level of scoring. As I recall, David Robinson was the last guy to rack up 70. Maybe McGrady in a couple of years, or Lebron or Yao in five years.

#3 seems very unlikely to me, because scoring is down from the days when the league's assist leaders (Magic, Isiah, Stockton) would average such high figures, and also because most of the league's more effective, higher scoring teams (Dallas, Sacramento, Minnesota) are sharing the playmaking role a lot more.

#4 could happen, but I don't see anyone in the league who's on track to do it. Ben Wallace is probably closest.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Either 3 or 4.

70 takes a lot. That game w/ Robinson, they fed him all game so he could get the scoring title over Shaq. 70 is a lot of points. We marvel at 50. That would take a hell of a game. I think Shaq would be the likely next one to score 70.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigMike</b>!
with the crazy # of 3's players take nowadays, someone is bound to get ULTRA hot and drop 70....one of these years.....
I think this is the reason that no one will get 70 any time soon. With so many three's being thrown up, there are not enough high percentage shots being taken to get to 70 points. Also, you need many free throws to achieve large amounts of points, and no one will foul someone jacking up 3's all day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.