1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next year? The projected lineup for next year is as follows:

G-Hinrich
G-Crawford
C-Eddy/AD/Blount
F-Tyson/AD/JYD
F-ERob/JYD/Dupree/FA signing

We desperately need to find an answer at the 3 and for TC and EC to stay healthy and play. Note also that I am assuming that we will re-sign Jamal. Honestly, I will be in shock if Jamal is still on the team come the 19th, but for the time being we will assume he is on the Bulls. Does a core of TC, EC, JC, and KH get us in the playoffs next year? Of course there will be a swarm of posters ready to say "hell yeah", but isn't that the same thing that we were saying last year? Why are things so different this time? A look at the Eastern Conference next year, barring any major unforseen circumstances:

Playoff Bound
Detroit
Indiana
Jersey
NY
Milwaukee
Wizards
Miami
Cavs

And this is with me excluding Boston and the 76ers, two teams that can make very strong cases. TMac and Orlando is also excluded, although I fully expect them to be competitive. So the question lies, do the Bulls have a realistic shot at making the playoffs next year? IMO, we have a prayer and that's about it. The feeling that I have approaching this summer is the same desperate feeling that we had prior to the Brand trade. This time I don't think history repeats itself, but I don't think we're much better off for it. The Bulls need more than break out performances from EC and TC - they need All Star caliber performances next year. So again I pose the question, what will it take for the Bulls to make the playoffs next year?

·
Registered
484 Posts
strong play by the kids. it's that simple

and I feel you're overrating the east. just look at your playoff bound teams. they really aren't all that impressive. the 3 first teams are indeed playoff guaranteed (assuming Jersey doesn't screw things up this summer). if our team ever manages to get more than 40 W's will be in

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I admit, I am emphasizing the improvement of several teams that are far from sure things, but I truly feel that a healthy Washington, a more experienced LeBron James, a healthy and experienced Heat team and a current playoff team in Milwaukee are definitely at an advantage over the Bulls. We as fans get so caught up in how our team will improve and make great strides in development, yet ignore how every other team is improving at an equal or greater pace.

BTW, I'm willing to bet that next year an eastern conference team will arise that will be a legitimate contender for the championship.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
you are going on the assumption that a draft pick will have little impact on this team? Either through a trade or playing for us?

We all see what the three C's did last summer. Now that pax has their attention, I think conditioned ball players will be better next season. Just what that means as far as wins, remains to be seen.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>truebluefan</b>!
you are going on the assumption that a draft pick will have little impact on this team? Either through a trade or playing for us?

We all see what the three C's did last summer. Now that pax has their attention, I think conditioned ball players will be better next season. Just what that means as far as wins, remains to be seen.
The only reason why I haven't discussed a draft pick is because, unless this draft gives us Deng, we're looking at another project (in the event that we go with another HSer or one of the Euro projects listed on nbadraft.net) or it will force us to abandon this rebuilding plan (Emeka, Tyson, and Curry - someone will be the odd man out). In fact, I believe the Bulls will probably address the SF hole by trading the pick, but realistically speaking, what SF could a lottery pick get us? We need to identify a team that's ready to unload players for draft picks in return. Our draft pick for JRich? Is QRich worth our draft pick? Should we consider a Jamal + 1st round pick for Maggette?

And another question - suppose we get Emeka... who can we get by trading either TC or EC?

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sp00k</b>!

The only reason why I haven't discussed a draft pick is because, unless this draft gives us Deng, we're looking at another project (in the event that we go with another HSer or one of the Euro projects listed on nbadraft.net) or it will force us to abandon this rebuilding plan (Emeka, Tyson, and Curry - someone will be the odd man out). In fact, I believe the Bulls will probably address the SF hole by trading the pick, but realistically speaking, what SF could a lottery pick get us? We need to identify a team that's ready to unload players for draft picks in return. Our draft pick for JRich? Is QRich worth our draft pick? Should we consider a Jamal + 1st round pick for Maggette?

And another question - suppose we get Emeka... who can we get by trading either TC or EC?
I hear ya. That is why I brought it up. A trade of the pick could get us player. But then how much improvement we make could hinge on who we get back with the pick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts