Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ainge is in a weird mood.what would be enough to make him think trading PP.

would this do it:
Chicago trades: SG Jamal Crawford (17.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.4 apg in 34.9 minutes)
SF Eddie Robinson (6.8 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 19.8 minutes)
PF Tyson Chandler (10.2 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 24.9 minutes)
C Eddy Curry (13.4 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.9 apg in 27.8 minutes)
Chicago receives: SF Jumaine Jones (1.9 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 8.7 minutes)
SG Paul Pierce (23.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 5.3 apg in 38.4 minutes)
PF Chris Mihm (6.7 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 18.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -15.7 ppg, -5.8 rpg, and -2.1 apg.

Boston trades: SF Jumaine Jones (1.9 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 8.7 minutes)
SG Paul Pierce (23.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 5.3 apg in 38.4 minutes)
Boston receives: SG Jamal Crawford (17.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.4 apg in 49 games)
SF Eddie Robinson (6.8 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 41 games)
PF Tyson Chandler (10.2 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 14 games)
C Eddy Curry (13.4 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.9 apg in 44 games)
Change in team outlook: +15.7 ppg, +5.8 rpg, and +2.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED
I'd do it and build around the franchise.I say one franchise in our hand is better then 3 with potential.would it be enough??

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Awful for the Bulls. We're trading three potential stars (yes, potential) for one star. It wouldn't be a bad trade if we had better depth than Boston, but we really don't. We end up with Kirk Hinrich, Pierce, E-Rob, JYD and AD which really isn't much of an improvement, and we throw away any chance of improving in the future.

I don't understand the collective arousal Pierce seems to give. Great player, not good enough to bring a championship. Going to need a player of equal or better quality and a great assembly of role players to win anything with him.

He's a 2nd/3rd tier player.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If Pierce can't carry the C's, why would he be able to carry the Bulls?

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PP couldn't carry the Celtics cause they did not build a good team around him.
Kirk,brunson,
PP,Gill
J.Jones,pree,Draft pick
Jyd/fizer
A.D/Mills

Mills,A.D all very good rebounders
I think they would do better then 14 wins,and we still got a high draft pick to fill the hole we got anyway.

I think none of our potential players would be as good as Truth.Curry might be an allstar as a good offensive C but he might never be a good defender or rebounder.JC will probably always have bad shot selection,and no intensity on D.and TC,who knows with his back.I like them all and there chances of being good players,but I like PP better.

btw - Mills will probably a 10 p 10 r C with a high fg% .

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Here it goes

Kirk
Chandler
Erob
AD

Pierce
Baker

They get rid of Bakers deal. They get a young PG and a young big guy. Erob backs up Welsch and Davis. AD gives them a guy who will atleast pay. We have to swallow Vin to get the truth

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
Here it goes

Kirk
Chandler
Erob
AD

Pierce
Baker

They get rid of Bakers deal. They get a young PG and a young big guy. Erob backs up Welsch and Davis. AD gives them a guy who will atleast pay. We have to swallow Vin to get the truth
Didn't they get rid of Vins contract,I thought he had something in his contract protecting them in drinking case.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
All of the sudden everyone wants to trade for Pierce...

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
btw - Mills will probably a 10 p 10 r C with a high fg% .
Mihm right? I thought you were talking about Chris Mills.

Anyway, I find it hard to believe that people would reject this deal down like it is terrible. Three "potential" stars for Pierce, but the key-word is "potential" You can either hang on to these guys and hope that they develop into stars, or you can go get a guy who is a star, no doubt about it. I personally think this isn't a good deal for the Bulls because it's basically Pierce for three players. However, I wouldn't shoot this down like it is terrible, because Pierce is one helluva player.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Here it goes

Kirk
Chandler
Erob
AD

Pierce
Baker

Why would Boston do this, though? They've got Marcus Banks, who they seem to be pretty high on, and who has a good deal of potential himself. Chandler is a good addition for them, if he can actually stay healthy, but I'm pretty sure Boston would say thanks, but no thanks to this deal.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!

Mihm right? I thought you were talking about Chris Mills.

Anyway, I find it hard to believe that people would reject this deal down like it is terrible. Three "potential" stars for Pierce, but the key-word is "potential" You can either hang on to these guys and hope that they develop into stars, or you can go get a guy who is a star, no doubt about it. I personally think this isn't a good deal for the Bulls because it's basically Pierce for three players. However, I wouldn't shoot this down like it is terrible, because Pierce is one helluva player.
My bad,thanks!

Mihm it is

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Not to feed the fire, because I don't think there's much possibility that Boston gives Pierce up, but a better trade scenario (IMO) would be:

PF Antonio Davis (8.7 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.6 apg in 32.2 minutes)
Chicago receives: SG Paul Pierce (23.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 5.3 apg in 38.4 minutes)
PF Chris Mills (6.7 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 18.3 minutes)
C Michael Stewart (0.7 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.0 apg in 7.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -25.6 ppg, -15.0 rpg, and -4.2 apg.

Boston trades: SG Paul Pierce (23.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 5.3 apg in 38.4 minutes)
PF Antonio Davis (8.7 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.6 apg in 50 games)
Change in team outlook: +25.6 ppg, +15.0 rpg, and +4.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Boston obtains 3 young, talented players, including 2 frontcourt players which they're in dire need of. Pierce will be a sizeable loss but they're still left with Crawford, Welsch, and Davis to fill the void.

Chicago snags it's franchise player, a guy who can go out and give them 25+ night in and night out. He and Hinrich would play extremely well off each other. Mihm is a talented player who can be a solid contributor to the team. Plus, they get Mills, who will be 6 million off the books after this season, I believe. Then, they just need to hope the lottery balls bounce their way, and they can snag Okafor or Pavel in the draft.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
As of yesterday Baker remains a Celtic. They want him gone.

If you want good, you got to give good. if we can deal Kirk, Chandler and Erob to Boston, we might have to take Baker. if you take baker, they will do it

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kcchiefs-fan</b>!
Not to feed the fire, because I don't think there's much possibility that Boston gives Pierce up, but a better trade scenario (IMO) would be:

PF Antonio Davis (8.7 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.6 apg in 32.2 minutes)
Chicago receives: SG Paul Pierce (23.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 5.3 apg in 38.4 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -25.6 ppg, -15.0 rpg, and -4.2 apg.

Boston trades: SG Paul Pierce (23.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 5.3 apg in 38.4 minutes)
PF Antonio Davis (8.7 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.6 apg in 50 games)
Change in team outlook: +25.6 ppg, +15.0 rpg, and +4.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Boston obtains 3 young, talented players, including 2 frontcourt players which they're in dire need of. Pierce will be a sizeable loss but they're still left with Crawford, Welsch, and Davis to fill the void.

Chicago snags it's franchise player, a guy who can go out and give them 25+ night in and night out. He and Hinrich would play extremely well off each other. Mihm is a talented player who can be a solid contributor to the team. Plus, they get Mills, who will be 6 million off the books after this season, I believe. Then, they just need to hope the lottery balls bounce their way, and they can snag Okafor or Pavel in the draft.
as far as my deal was 'unfavorable' to Boston, this is 10x more unfavorable to the Bulls. For Boston, they want to dump baker. So any team who wants Pierce will probably have to take him. The Bulls would give up on 2 of the 4 young players, but certainly not 3 of them. Hinrichs stock is very high right now, I am sure Ainge would insist on him

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
The only thing to look at is, when we trade for Pierce is he coming to a better team than the Celtics? Because currently the Celtics are looking, with Pierce, like they are on their way towards us.

Paul Pierce is a superstar. But he's not a miracle work. We have to keep something around for him to work with. And I don't think Kirk is enough. We'd need to keep Chandler or Curry.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
As of yesterday Baker remains a Celtic. They want him gone.

If you want good, you got to give good. if we can deal Kirk, Chandler and Erob to Boston, we might have to take Baker. if you take baker, they will do it
Not neccesarily. Like I said, they've already got a promising young point guard, why take on another? Plus, from what I've heard, Baker will be off the books due to a termination of his contract as a result of his continuous alcohol problems, which means they don't need to deal him. I just don't see why they would pull the trigger on this deal, unless Ainge has lost hope in Banks (doesn't sound like he has), really has a hard on for Kirk, or just wants to completely explode the team and become the most hated man in Boston.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
To put it in perspective, if we did kcchiefs trade, we end up with this rotation.

PG - Hinrich, Brunson
SG - Pierce, Gill
SF - Dupree, Pippen, Jefferies, Mills
PF - Mihm, Williams, Fizer
C - Blount, Stewart

:hurl:

Those small forward and center rotations are the worst in the league, bar absolutely none. For as long as Kendall is out, we have no backup shooting guard, and I can't end this post without talking about the center rotation again. If Mihm started at center and Williams at power forward, we would have the worst offensive lineup in the universe, and Pierce would have the same situaiton he does in Boston, where he feels he has to do it all. And finds he can't do it.

And we win 12 games.

How about no?

Still, good try.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts

as far as my deal was 'unfavorable' to Boston, this is 10x more unfavorable to the Bulls. For Boston, they want to dump baker. So any team who wants Pierce will probably have to take him. The Bulls would give up on 2 of the 4 young players, but certainly not 3 of them. Hinrichs stock is very high right now, I am sure Ainge would insist on him
Read my last post.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts