Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In hindsight, it looks like the Cavs should have signed free-agent point guard Steve Blake last summer. The 26-year-old Blake is a true point guard having a breakout season, averaging 8.8 points, shooting 42 percent on 3-pointers and standing second in the NBA in assist-to-turnover ratio. He has been so good, he has unseated Portland Trail Blazers star-in-waiting Sebastian Telfair as the starter. Blake visited the Cavs last summer and was ready to sign an offer sheet, but one never was presented. He ended up signing with the Blazers just before the start of training camp. His old team, the Wizards, weren't high enough on him to match the Blazers offer, and the Cavs wanted a more experienced player, opting for Damon Jones.
http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/14136386.htm

Blake also played well in college: winning teh NCAA tournament with a talented Maryland roster

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,213 Posts
My outlook on the PG position is alot more positive now with so many good ones coming up in the draft. I think we can find our long term guy that way who would be much better than Blake or any of the other guys we could have signed this past summer.

·
Premium Member
18,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Benedict_Boozer said:
My outlook on the PG position is alot more positive now with so many good ones coming up in the draft. I think we can find our long term guy that way who would be much better than Blake or any of the other guys we could have signed this past summer.
True I guess my question is related to more this season: I think with any decent play from the PG spot (with Snow coming off the bench) I think we could have had a shot at the second best record in the East

·
Registered
7,807 Posts
Blake would definitely help us out this year. He's a good, solid kid. That said, I agree with Benedict_Boozer in that the draft is really going to help us. Even 2 or 3 months ago, when some viewed the draft as being potentially weak at the PG position, I still had the horse blinders on and kept saying, "Hold it down 1 more year and draft a PG next year." With several kids looking to be solid prospects, we'll get a solid player either way.

2,289 Posts
This thread is kind of pointless. We all know all year long our PG have been bad, so anyone else we would have gotten would have been a plus. And you cant really say what he would do on this team, because any free agent we've ever brought in has struggled.

·
Premium Member
18,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LBJ to LJ for 3 said:
This thread is kind of pointless. We all know all year long our PG have been bad, so anyone else we would have gotten would have been a plus. And you cant really say what he would do on this team, because any free agent we've ever brought in has struggled.
A true Cleveland sports pessimist :)

It looks like that kid Marcus Williams is going to move up the draft board: didn't watch the game but the box score makes it seems he had a good game versus a good defender in Rondo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.