Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Bud you must not have seen the bulls games this year. Oakley really was pathetic.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DUDE! I was just joking!!! God.....

But you ask any Raptor fan, who would you want more Oak or Hakeem, most would say Oak. Hakeem isn't doing anything for the team. He should get bought out. Oak at least brought toughness to this team. You think we would have beaten New York in the Playoffs had Oak not told Vince to get off his butt and lead the team? I think NOT!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
How about a six pack and a pack of smokes?

The only thing Oakley contributed this year was a bunch of great one-liners.

And he helped us get into position for a #2 draft pick.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Re: How about a six pack and a pack of smokes?

Originally posted by pjc845
The only thing Oakley contributed this year was a bunch of great one-liners.

And he helped us get into position for a #2 draft pick.
Well i can't argue with that:grinning:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think Oakley must have paid off our official statkeeper. I'd watch a game, and see him get in for about 10 minutes, make a few behind-the-back turnovers, and leave. I read the boxscore after the game, and he's got 3 assists, 7 boards, and 1 turnover!

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
lol.... Why did Chicago ever trade for Anthony anway? They thought they could ressurect his great UNLV career?:laugh: Believe me, Chicago could've waited, and picked up Rafer Alston, instead of trading for Greg Anthony! Skip is so smooth... lol.

·
7,624 Posts
Uh, RetroDream, why would you say that? You seemed like a smart guy on the Real Gm boards. Or are you an imposter?

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
It was a joke, but if that is how this place is going to be "moderated," I'm already out the door.

Thanks for the invite, but I'll go elsewhere.

Bye all.

·
7,624 Posts
Nah stay Retro. We didn't know it was a joke.

·
Registered
510 Posts
This is certainly not a first class thread, but I do find it interesting despite the number or intelligent threads here that Retro chose to make his first post on this board on this thread and make it a slam. I value the manners shown here compared to other sites and I hope that remains. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you need to be a jerk which is not a direct comment on Retro, but a general comment.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
that was not my doing. Ron blind sided me on that. Im trying to see what can be done to resolve the issue. It took me a while to get retro here! Get back with you guys after i hear something.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by Songcycle
This is certainly not a first class thread, but I do find it interesting despite the number or intelligent threads here that Retro chose to make his first post on this thread and make it a slam. I value the manners shown here compared to other sites and I hope that remains. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you need to be a jerk.
It certainly had the wrong results. I knew he was just joking among people he knew for a long while. Im guessing Ron thought he was a troll.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Actually trueblue, I edited my comments just now because I didn't want it to be perceived as a direct reflection on Retro which it wasn't meant to be. You quoted the original comments, so I guess they are still there. I have to admit, when I first saw Retro's comments on this site, I was taken aback. If I saw them on RealGM, it wouldn't have bothered me. I guess that's why I like this place. Manners do count.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts