Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a Nets fan...I'd be willing to give up Jefferson or Krstic...or possibly both. I don't know if I'd give up Vince, though Garnett/Jefferson/Kidd would be a championship-level trio for a season or two...if they could get a great shooter at the two.

For the Knicks, I'd give up anyone and everyone. Francis/Curry/Crawford would be easy.

C Frye
PF Garnett
SF Rose
SG Richardson
PG Marbury

An East Finals contender, though I doubt they'd be able to win a title.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
You would think realistically it would be a Shaq to Miami type situation where KG could name his destination, and then that team just makes the best deal possible without turning into suck.

That's why I think the Pacers are the most likely destination.

Like JO/Tinsley/Stephen Jackson for KG.

Saras
Fred Jones
Granger
KG
That one dude.

With good coaching, and a few more fill players off the bench, that could easily be a title contender. Granger is a star in the making. And pairing Saras with KG would be pretty cool. And Fred Jones just needs the minutes.

Maybe you pick up Al Harrington in the offseason and pair him with KG for your frontcourt?

·
Premium Member
21,860 Posts
As a Hawks fan...what we could do...and the probably wouldn't accept, but if they were desperate.

Josh Childress, and Al Harrington.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What killed Minnesota was the draft pick penalty.

If you know how to draft, you can create a team almost out of thin air.

Ex: San Antonio

Duncan's two All-Star level sidekicks were around the 29th pick in the first-round and a second-round pick.

New Jersey

Nenad Krstic, late 1st Round Pick.

Hell, even New York...

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Pat Garrity and the rights to Fran Vaquez.

Reactions: nwt

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Hairy Midget said:
I doubt that Magic would want him.

lol, thats my point.

·
Registered
10,131 Posts
kochamkinie said:
Okur or Boozer + Giricek + McLeod + Humphries. If it's not enough perhpaps also Harpring (after sign & trade) and future draft picks.

Utah Jazz:

PG: Williams
SG: Redick / Harpring
SF: Kirilenko
PF: Garnett
C: Okur or Boozer
you really think the Timberwolves would trade with division rivals, and for Boozer and Giricek LOL!

·
Premium Member
116,017 Posts
futuristxen said:
You would think realistically it would be a Shaq to Miami type situation where KG could name his destination, and then that team just makes the best deal possible without turning into suck.

That's why I think the Pacers are the most likely destination.

Like JO/Tinsley/Stephen Jackson for KG.

Saras
Fred Jones
Granger
KG
That one dude.

With good coaching, and a few more fill players off the bench, that could easily be a title contender. Granger is a star in the making. And pairing Saras with KG would be pretty cool. And Fred Jones just needs the minutes.

Maybe you pick up Al Harrington in the offseason and pair him with KG for your frontcourt?
With the way Tinsley and JO have gotten hurt the last couple of yrs, I don't know if Twolves would do that.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Shawn Marion/ Leandro Barbosa/ Kurt Thomas/ The 2 Atlanta 1st rounders

C: Amare Stoudemire
PF: Kevin Garnett
SF: Boris Diaw
SG: Raja Bell
PG: Steve Nash

OK, Suns fans you can kill me now for saying this but it's a great offer with a big chance for Minny to get Oden.

·
Premium Member
116,017 Posts
osprey said:
Shawn Marion/ Leandro Barbosa/ Kurt Thomas/ The 2 Atlanta 1st rounders

C: Amare Stoudemire
PF: Kevin Garnett
SF: Boris Diaw
SG: Raja Bell
PG: Steve Nash

OK, Suns fans you can kill me now for saying this but it's a great offer with a big chance for Minny to get Oden.

Well, if we did that with one of the Atlanta picks, we'd have to do it before the draft because one of those picks we get this yr. It's the Lakers pick from Boston that was traded to Atlanta before they traded it to us. The other Atlanta pick is theirs but it's top 5 protected next yr and it's got no restrictions the next yr.

But I doubt that deal would even happen though.

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
i do like garnett, i totally see him as a star in the league, but i think he's virtually untradeable- even if the wolves were willing.

well, maybe i don't mean that- there are those teams looking for the marketing angle (i.e. new york knicks) and would buy into the size of the name rather than the size the game (and fit), but i don't think it would be easy to find them. i've said it several times but i think it's worth mentioning again: teams like the wolves are almost... stuck. i see the sixers in the same light, i think, and probably a couple of others (possibly miami in a couple of years).

imo, that one monstrous contract is getting harder to justify in today's league- i'm talking the max plus contract. garnett has one of those (as do iverson and shaq and several others). if i were building a team, i'd just see it as being too big. simple as that. i mean, you'd have to resort to building from within, developing the assets you already have and using your MLE. even the process of trading players would be more about matching contracts than building a team. that's tough, man- especially if your team is as bad as minnesota seems to be. a lot of rebuilding to go- while you don't have nearly as many options available to yourselves.

i just don't know if anyone else would want that rock around their neck. one player making 40% of the cap? it wouldn't be easy. i wouldn't expect many suitors- great player or not.

peace

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
27,987 Posts
Eddie Jones $15M expiring + Shane Battier + Hakim Warrick + two future draft picks

And the Czar, if Minny's interested.

Hey, you asked.

2006-07 Grizzlies
PG Damon Stoudamire, Antonio Burks (resigned), Anthony Roberson
SG Dahntay Jones, half-MLE
SF Mike Miller, half-MLE, Brian Cardinal
PF Kevin Garnett, Lawrence Roberts
C Pau Gasol, Jake Tsakalidis

And no, I would not trade Pau Gasol for Garnett.

·
Registered
233 Posts
mjm1 said:
you really think the Timberwolves would trade with division rivals, and for Boozer and Giricek LOL!
No - I don't think so. I just give my opinion on what would Utah Jazz give up for Garnett (like the topic says). They won't give up more (by more I mean all the players I added: Okur/Boozer, Giricek, McLeod, Humphries, Harpring, draft pick).

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.