Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To improve our team, what should the mgmt do?

1) Fire Obie and get a half-of-fame coach (name it please).
2) Trade our garbage players.
3) Become a lottery team and play our rookies so they can develop.
4) Fire Danny Ainge.
5) Booze Baker and terminate his contract.
6) Sell Celtics at $1 to bbb.net/celtics board (let us do the work).

·
Registered
654 Posts
Originally posted by <b>h180ys</b>!
To improve our team, what should the mgmt do?

1) Fire Obie and get a half-of-fame coach (name it please).
2) Trade our garbage players.
3) Become a lottery team and play our rookies so they can develop.
4) Fire Danny Ainge.
5) Booze Baker and terminate his contract.
6) Sell Celtics at $1 to bbb.net/celtics board (let us do the work).
1) Nah. I like O'Brien, he's done a very good job with what little talent he's had the past 3 years. The "jacking up 3's" style gets very old but he knows the C's don't have much as personel goes. He does preach defense though which you gotta like, but again, they don't have good defense personel. Stick with O'Brien, just build around him.

2) Trading Baker would be a dream but I have a better chance at becoming Emperor of Rome. I like Walter's 3-pointers but other then that, he doesn't do much....sorry Tommy. Jiri, Davis, Banks, Perkins are good future players. I don't see anyone else really commanding much except Pierce, but he should be virtually untouchable.

3) I like this idea.

4) Too early to judge Ainge. My criticism of him is pending.

5) As much as I'd like to terminate the Vin money I have a sympathetic heart to him and rather see him back in his October form getting 15 points and around 8-9 rebounds a game. I rather see him come out strong and on top rather then being a wasted, boozed-up player.

6) Great idea! :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
This staff will find a way to lose in the big game and does not develop young players.

So move on to a new staff as soon as possible.

a defensive coach with a clue on offense..

we need to run, because unless we get lucky with a project player we arent going to find a stud front court guy anytime soon. Thing is we may have one on ir..

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>voice of reality</b>we need to run, because unless we get lucky with a project player we arent going to find a stud front court guy anytime soon. Thing is we may have one on ir..

Yes we may. But the $1 million question is: will we ever find that out with obie @ the helm????????

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
1. It is always great to get a hall of fame coach...however, Phil Jackson, Pat Riley and Lenny Wilkins all have other gigs. Popavich and Tomjonavich both are double championship winners and may be hall of famers but they are locked up too. Jerry Sloan may become angry if the Jazz cannot lure talent to Utah. He would be a great candidate for a Celtic coach. Other than those listed I hate to say it but the best coach for the Celtics right now is Jim O'Brien. I do think that someone that can build a new offense should be hired as an assistant. Jim has troubles with offense.

2. Trading garbage players is the goal of every franchise. The problem with our number one garbage player is that he makes too much money to be traded for anything other than another overpaid garbage player.

3. This is an interesting proposition. I would not mind giving heavy minutes to Hunter and Perkins, starting Banks and playing him about 30 minutes per game and losing some more games. Sacrifice some of the present for a team that looks good in the future.

4. Not yet. The Walker trade was not a good one although I like Welsch. I like what he did in the draft. I like the potential of the Ricky Davis trade. If nothing else the guy is very busy.

5. Great idea!!! I don't think that the C's will have to do this. Vin will take care of it himself.

6. Yes!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts