Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what does everyone think is going to happen to gary payton? if hes going to get traded..where and for what?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I've been wondering that myself, considering that Kenny Anderson is now a Sonic. Maybe they are working on a deal with a team that needs some scoring & some tough "D" at the PG position and hasn't gotten out of the first round of the playoffs?

·
A!
9,434 Posts
There has been a rumor going around for awhile now:

Gary Payton for Wally Szczerbiak and Terrell Brandon. The snag seems to be that the Sonics don't want to take on Brandon's contract, but they need to for the deal to work.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
wally walker said today that they werent going to sign gary to any longterm deal at this time.they really cant afford to let this guy go but who the heck knows.if they were to get a package from a golden state or the clippers they may be tempted.i think payton has several good years left.the other guy is lewis,he isnt getting too many offers but relations with his people and sonics management doesnt seem very good.i wouldnt be surprised to see a blockbuster deal involving lewis and payton going to a team for a super in return,say a kevin garnett.a speculation for sure.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Payton can allow or reject any trade to happen involving him. He says that the only team he will allow to be traded to is the Lakers.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by The X Factor
Payton can allow or reject any trade to happen involving him. He says that the only team he will allow to be traded to is the Lakers.
He has also said that he would love to play with Kevin Garnett...... So you never know.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
A little speculation can be fun! That would be some "blockbuster" trade if that were to happen!

Payton has a few good years left, even though he is 34, he is usually in excellent condition. I would think any team that wants to make it out of the first round would entertain thoughts of a trade to get Payton.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Payton to the Lake show???

I would love to see that happen??
But the Lakes, probably wouldn't have enough funds for the glove, is there any truth that the Clipp Joint is intrested in a package for GP?? If the Glove lands in Laketown, size them up for another 4-5 rings baby:D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Payton to the Lakers?

that is way too good to be true, I will believe that when I see it happen.

How could the Lakers possibly take on Payton's contract even if it ends next season?

I think the Clippers should think about going after Payton, if they arent able to get Baron. Although Payton, probably won't play for many more years, he is one of the best point guards in the league and would turn the Clipps into a great team. The Clipps also probably have the best prosopects to offer the Sonics in a trade. I mean what can the Lakers offer!? Horry, Fox, Fisher, lol, as much as I like the Lakers, all of those players combined are not worth Payton.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Some IMX Trade Thoughts...

1.Sonics Get:
Jamaal Tinsley
Austin Croshere
Ron Marcer

Pacers Get:
Gary Payton
Joe Forte
Predrag Drobnjak

2.Sonics Get:
Brian Grant
Malik Allen
Future 1st Pick

Heat Get:
Gary Payton

3.Sonics Get:
Zach Randolph
Damon Stoudemire

Blazers Get:
Gary Payton
Predrag Drobnjak

Lineups:
C-Jerome James
PF-Vladimir Radmanovic
SF-Ron Mercer
SG-Desmond Mason
PG-Jamaal Tinsley/Kenny Anderson

C-Jerome James
PF-Brian Grant
SF-Vladimir Radmanovic
SG-Desmond Mason
PG-Kenny Anderson

C-Jerome James
PF-Zach Randolph
SF-Vladimir Radmanovic
SG-Desmond Mason
PG-Damon Stoudemire

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
"I mean what can the Lakers offer!? Horry, Fox, Fisher, lol, as much as I like the Lakers, all of those players combined are not worth Payton."

Not to mention we all know how Horry cannot play unless he has a bona fide top 50 center of all time on his team. As he proved in Phoenix, he is nothing even close to a reasonable back up without MUCH help from a GREAT center.

The Sonics would have to have a couple of screws lose to even consider taking that bunch for Payton.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Clipps should offer up a package for GP....
To have Marko Jaric as back-up and to learn from the glove would be GREAT!!! KDool would be the odd man out, Odom and Wilcox I assume would be included....I'D TAKE IT and the Clipps would get to the 2nd round of the playoffs or even further???;)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
LAC doesn't seem like a team that GP would fit in well. He needs to go to a veteran, professional no nonsense team. He has had problems in Seattle with some players he didn't think were practicing hard enough. The Clippers are too young and cocky. GP would be to blows with people in no time. Does anyone else think GP would get along well in LAC?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Actually, I see only 2 clubs that fit the Payton mode of Hard Work, no nonsense and that is the TWolves and the Heat. Payton could really help those 2 clubs and his philosophy would fit right in with either team.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by TheRifleman
Actually, I see only 2 clubs that fit the Payton mode of Hard Work, no nonsense and that is the TWolves and the Heat. Payton could really help those 2 clubs and his philosophy would fit right in with either team.
I think he would fit well with the Jazz. The only problem is the Jazz have nothing to give and you would have two PG. Stockton and Payton could probably play together for a year. I don't see it happening.

·
Registered
450 Posts
i hope he gets traded to the timberwolves for like wally szczerbiak and anthony peeler.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts