Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn, have you all been paying attention to this man? I've noticed him mostly because of my fantasy team. Tonight he went for 20 and 17 with 2 blks. Last game he went for 20 and 11 with 6 BLKS. He's also had a 19 and 14 game against the Lakers, which was followed up by a 23 and 17 perfomance, once again with 6 blks, against the Blazers. He has been amazing so far, but too bad it's not translating into wins for the Nuggets. btw, he's now averaging 16 pts, 13 rebs and 3 blks on the season.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Damn, I didn't even realize he was playing that nasty. I don't know what's up with the Nuggets. I guess starting slow is in their blood.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
TonyMontana_83 said:
Damn, have you all been paying attention to this man? I've noticed him mostly because of my fantasy team. Tonight he went for 20 and 17 with 2 blks. Last game he went for 20 and 11 with 6 BLKS. He's also had a 19 and 14 game against the Lakers, which was followed up by a 23 and 17 perfomance, once again with 6 blks, against the Blazers. He has been amazing so far, but too bad it's not translating into wins for the Nuggets. btw, he's now averaging 16 pts, 13 rebs and 3 blks on the season.
I agree! Wow, that guy is playing awesome basketball this season. Good for him. :clap: :cheers:

·
We Just Wanna Chill
12,088 Posts
Camby has always been a reliable Center.
Nuggets not winning so far, they need:

Kenyon Martin to play like he did with the Nets, but for this to happen, Miller needs to play like Kidd.
Carmelo to improve his game (like LBJ and Wade has)

Its only been like a week in the season, you never know what might happen, nuggets could surprisingly become champs! i love how the NBA could be so unpredictable at times... :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
gio30584 said:
Kenyon Martin to play like he did with the Nets, but for this to happen, Miller needs to play like Kidd.
Carmelo to improve his game (like LBJ and Wade has)

'Melo is looking like he's starting to catch up somewhat to Wade, and Bron. Martin.. well.. I hate to say it, but I think he's already peaked, and will just keep getting even worse. His knee I think is going to end him.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
TonyMontana_83 said:
I've noticed him mostly because of my fantasy team.

You too huh? Everybody warned to be cautious with Camby because of all of his injury problems, but as of now I'm laughing at those resources who warned against drafting him.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
KokoTheMonkey said:
You too huh? Everybody warned to be cautious with Camby because of all of his injury problems, but as of now I'm laughing at those resources who warned against drafting him.

it's only the second week of the season, and it doesn't end until april

given Camby's history of injuries, it makes sense to be hesitant to draft him

I started paying attention to him last year and he was posting similiar stats also

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
KokoTheMonkey said:
That's what I said. Camby's been a beast so far this year. Hope he keeps it up.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Here's me hoping he gets a defensive 1st team nod this year....may be hard though.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KokoTheMonkey said:
I figure he's due for a healthy year at this point. It's true that there's plenty of time left for him to get injured, but as of right now I simply don't care. I feel like I hit it big in the stock market or something. I'm laughing all the way to the bank baby.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
I've always been deep in Camby's corner. I think the only reason he isn't a star in the league is the injuries. If he spent his career playing 75+ games a season, he'd be viewed as one of the league's premier big man.

For those that have him in fantasy, are you in weekly or daily leagues? I've always believed him to be a lot less frustrating in the weekly leagues. When you have to decide whether to play or bench him daily, it's a big headache, what with all the game time decisions he goes through in a year. That's of course still pretty annoying in the weekly leagues, but at least then you don't feel quite so bad.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
SunsFan57 said:
Melo isn't even close to Wade or LeBron.

Anthony is a shooter, and most likely will remain a shooter.
LOL

Watch some Nuggets game please before you make a statement like that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts