Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiousity what would it take for someone to get Curry from the bulls? How high is his value to you? Would an Early lotto pick like 6 or less plus some kind of roleplayer do it? or are you guys looking for an above average vet? just what is the best offer?

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
I think its safe to say it is dropping with every game- by the time the trade deadline gets here- we'll take Dennis Rodman back and just release his fat ***

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NorthSideHatrik</b>!
Just out of curiousity what would it take for someone to get Curry from the bulls? How high is his value to you? Would an Early lotto pick like 6 or less plus some kind of roleplayer do it? or are you guys looking for an above average vet? just what is the best offer?
Actually more then both.

I think as much as this kid is a disappointment so far he can still turn it all around at some point.he's still got a long way to go and he's got the talent to do it.

I think if traded to the right tean(Cuban,Sonics,Jerry,West)we could get a nice player for him.even a current allstar,since i think at some point EC's gonna be an Allstar.

Bottom line i don't think Pax would trade him unless he's REALLY happy with what he gets...

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NorthSideHatrik</b>!
Eddy's a tough nut to crack. He has potential to be one of the top 2 centers in the league for the next 13 or so years if the light ever goes on. I think the only way Pax would trade him is if it was part of a package for a superstar, or for another young star with probably a slightly lower ceiling but higher current productivity. I don't think Eddy would ever be traded for someone over 28. Players I think Pax would might consider that could be on the market would be:

TMac
Ray Allen
Rashard Lewis
Pau
Marion

We would probably have to include other pieces to obtain TMac and Ray Allen. Jerry West covets Curry but doesn't want Pau for him, at least right now. I could see Phx working out a three way deal for us to get Marion if they really want cap relief to go after Kobe. It would need to be a 3 way trade. Rashard we could probably get for Curry with filler. I'm guessing Pax would not do this deal.

Anyway, this is my analysis, not the teams. We ask a lot for Curry, and we really do expect him to become as good or better than any of the players on this list, or at very least as valuable, being that true centers are very rare.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
For me, probably Richard Jefferson and Jason Collins.

This being said, Rod Thorn probably hangs up the phone mid-sentence :D

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by <b>superdave</b>!

Rod Thorn does that deal in a New Jersey minute.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Re: Re: Whats the asking price for Curry?

Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!

TMac
Ray Allen
Rashard Lewis
Pau
Marion
I think you could only get Lewis, maybe Marion....TMac, Ray no way. Pau, well maybe simply cause they arent hihg on him. And Rasahrd is possible, but you need to add more

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Whats the asking price for Curry?

Originally posted by <b>Marcus13</b>!

I think you could only get Lewis, maybe Marion....TMac, Ray no way. Pau, well maybe simply cause they arent hihg on him. And Rasahrd is possible, but you need to add more
A trade for Tmac would probably include Crawford and a future #1 pick if not this years, maybe slightly protected. Cap filler too, of course. The Magic might not be intersted, but TMac could walk after next year I believe. Based on how bad they are right now, they might have to at least consider.

I think Seattle might jump at Rashard for Curry and filler.

For Ray Allen, we'd probably have to include Crawford and filler as well. I'm still not sure if they'd be interested. If they really believed in Flip Murray/Crawford/Ridnour as a backcourt for the future, then maybe. More likely they should trade Shard/Vlad and Flip for a great 4 man.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Radio GM Mike North(organized crimes favorite radio personality) this afternoon proposed this gem:

Eddy Curry

straight up for

click here

Not content to simply propose this transparent attempt to get calls, he went on to call it "a steal".

This is not a joke. This was his idea without conditions.

The only one of the 3 C's that may be traded by 19 February is JC.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
YOU ALL OVERRATE RASHARD LEWIS. Personally, I think he is just a younger Kukoc without the handling skills. I wouldn't trade Curry for him. In addition, Allen is an old guy. We can't build our team around him. I would love to have him on the team but with Curry. It would be an awesome team.

If we had to trade Curry, I would want something along the line of TMac in return. Yes, i am overrating Curry but he is a rare player. I would include JC in the deal too to get TMAC. If needed, we can include our draft pick for one of their role players. If not, we can include a guy like Davis to help them short-term.

Heck, we should call the Lakers and ask for Kobe. The Lakers might be interested in something like Curry/JC/filler for Kobe.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LoaKhoet</b>!
YOU ALL OVERRATE RASHARD LEWIS. Personally, I think he is just a younger Kukoc without the handling skills. I wouldn't trade Curry for him. In addition, Allen is an old guy. We can't build our team around him. I would love to have him on the team but with Curry. It would be an awesome team.

If we had to trade Curry, I would want something along the line of TMac in return. Yes, i am overrating Curry but he is a rare player. I would include JC in the deal too to get TMAC. If needed, we can include our draft pick for one of their role players. If not, we can include a guy like Davis to help them short-term.

Heck, we should call the Lakers and ask for Kobe. The Lakers might be interested in something like Curry/JC/filler for Kobe.
The Lakers wont trade Kobe period
And Orlando wont trade T-Mac unless he demands a trade and that, I believe, is not going to happen before the Feb 19 deadline.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Lusty RaRue</b>!
Radio GM Mike North(organized crimes favorite radio personality) this afternoon proposed this gem:

Eddy Curry

straight up for

click here

Not content to simply propose this transparent attempt to get calls, he went on to call it "a steal".

This is not a joke. This was his idea without conditions.

The only one of the 3 C's that may be traded by 19 February is JC.
Not good! The player mentioned has some offensive moves as does Curry, but The czar and Kerr and marv said he has trouble guarding anybody.

Sound familiar? And this trade improves us in what way???

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>superdave</b>!

I'd think he would put some serious thought into that one. It's apparent RJ has improved this year, but not to the point where he is a star. Maybe it's me, but a Curry, Martin, Griffen, Kittles and Kidd lineup sounds very tempting.

-Petey

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
a 300 pound center, with soft hands and a soft touch around the hoop, with amazing quickness for his size...at age 21. Its hard enough to find a decent 7'0 center whos 300 pounds in this league, and Eddy is not only that but he has a very nice offensive game and quickness...and hes only 21.

despite all the negatives, thats how it is with Curry. As long as hes still all those things, and still young, his trade value will be very high. If he hasnt improved at all by the time hes 23 or 24, then it will drop quick...although there will still be GMs looking to get him. His type of player is very rare.

Even with the out of shape and all that jazz, the positives still outweigh the negatives EASILY.

I hope Pax knows this, and accepts nothing less than a superstar for Curry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts