Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

What's the best division?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have really been watching the central this year and am just amazed by how good it is from top to bottom. I was wondering if you guys all felt the same or had different opinions on the best division in basketball.

For me, its the Central. You look at the fact that no team in the division really got weaker and most added talent and depth.

Cleveland signed Larry Hughes and Donyell Marshall, get Luke Jackson back from injury, and they resigned Zydrunas.

1: Hughes/Snow
2: James/Pavlovic
3: Newble/Jackson
4: Gooden/Marshall/Varejao
5: Big Z/Andriuskevicius

Indiana gets Artest back and signed Jasikevicius, and has one of the deepest teams in all of basketball including a very underrated and improving big man in David Harrison.

1: Tinsley/Saranus
2: Jackson/F.Jones
3: Artest/J.Jones
4: J.Oneal/Croshere
5: Foster/Harrison

Chicago locked up all of its critical UFAs (Duhon/Harrington) and reportedly will sign Songaila (preliminary reports) and picked up undrafted, yet talented guard Eddie Basden coming off a very solid summer league. One of the youngest teams in the league still coming off a 47 win season with the returns/improvements of second year players Ben Gordon (6th man of the year; 1st team all rookie), Chris Duhon (rookie leader in assists), Luol Deng (1st team all rookie), and Andres Nocioni and 3rd year player Kirk Hinrich.

1: Hinrich/Duhon
2: Gordon/Piatkowski
3: Deng/Nocioni
4: Chandler/Davis/Songaila
5: Curry/Harrington

Chandler will likely be locked up long term as well as Curry, but Curry may take the QO.

Detroit Pistons are the returning Eastern Conference champions the past two years who did not have any significant losses from their roster and may in fact land Michael Finley or Latrell Spreewell. I also forgot that they just inked Dale Davis! Stupid Wookie...sorry about that, adjustment made. Also, perhaps this might be the year of Darko without Larry Brown. Probably not, but Darko should be better.

1: Billups/Arroyo
2: Hamilton/Finley or Spree
3: Prince/Delfino
4: R.Wallace/McDyess
5: B.Wallace/Davis

The Milwaukee Bucks add top pick Andrew Bogut, sign Bobby Simmons, sign Jiri Welsch and resign Michael Redd and Dan Gadzuric. They also get TJ Ford back who was a big reason for their playoff ascension in 03/04. With a healthy Ford, the Bucks could make some noise.

1: Ford/Williams
2: Redd/Mason
3: Simmons/Welsch
4: Smith/Kukoc
5: Bogut/Gadzuric


I think this will be the most contested division in all of basketball and undoubtedly whomever stays healthiest will likely win the division.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,908 Posts
The X-Division. LOL j/k, cut your sig!!!



I agree with you, its the Central.

2 legit title contenders in Indiana and Detroit.
3 young teams that can make the playoffs in Cleveland, Chicago, and Milwaukee.
Not one team is under .500
 

·
Restore the Roar
Joined
·
7,393 Posts
tnaimpact said:
I have really been watching the central this year and am just amazed by how good it is from top to bottom. I was wondering if you guys all felt the same or had different opinions on the best division in basketball.

For me, its the Central. You look at the fact that no team in the division really got weaker and most added talent and depth.

Cleveland signed Larry Hughes and Donyell Marshall, get Luke Jackson back from injury, and they resigned Zydrunas.

1: Hughes/Snow
2: James/Pavlovic
3: Newble/Jackson
4: Gooden/Marshall/Varejao
5: Big Z/Andriuskevicius

Indiana gets Artest back and signed Jasikevicius, and has one of the deepest teams in all of basketball including a very underrated and improving big man in David Harrison.

1: Tinsley/Saranus
2: Jackson/F.Jones
3: Artest/J.Jones
4: J.Oneal/Croshere
5: Foster/Harrison

Chicago locked up all of its critical UFAs (Duhon/Harrington) and reportedly will sign Songaila (preliminary reports) and picked up undrafted, yet talented guard Eddie Basden coming off a very solid summer league. One of the youngest teams in the league still coming off a 47 win season with the returns/improvements of second year players Ben Gordon (6th man of the year; 1st team all rookie), Chris Duhon (rookie leader in assists), Luol Deng (1st team all rookie), and Andres Nocioni and 3rd year player Kirk Hinrich.

1: Hinrich/Duhon
2: Gordon/Piatkowski
3: Deng/Nocioni
4: Chandler/Davis/Songaila
5: Curry/Harrington

Chandler will likely be locked up long term as well as Curry, but Curry may take the QO.

Detroit Pistons are the returning Eastern Conference champions the past two years who did not have any significant losses from their roster and may in fact land Michael Finley or Latrell Spreewell. I also forgot that they just inked Dale Davis! Stupid Wookie...sorry about that, adjustment made. Also, perhaps this might be the year of Darko without Larry Brown. Probably not, but Darko should be better.

1: Billups/Arroyo
2: Hamilton/Finley or Spree
3: Prince/Delfino
4: R.Wallace/McDyess
5: B.Wallace/Davis

The Milwaukee Bucks add top pick Andrew Bogut, sign Bobby Simmons, sign Jiri Welsch and resign Michael Redd and Dan Gadzuric. They also get TJ Ford back who was a big reason for their playoff ascension in 03/04. With a healthy Ford, the Bucks could make some noise.

1: Ford/Williams
2: Redd/Mason
3: Simmons/Welsch
4: Smith/Kukoc
5: Bogut/Gadzuric


I think this will be the most contested division in all of basketball and undoubtedly whomever stays healthiest will likely win the division.
The keys for me here are you...
a) Cutting your sig down to size.
and
b) Not stealing articles.

Obviously this is something stolen from another location, posted way back during the summer. Look at the Pistons comments, saying they may get Finley or Spreewell. This is just idiotic, I think that this guy is nothing more than a sad attempt at an advertisement for TNA.


-Chris.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
Southwest

They got the Spurs
 

·
Oladipo for the people
Joined
·
48,150 Posts
Come on Nets fans, I know you love your team, but the Atlantic? Get real.

Central is the overal best and hardest division to play in in this league.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,595 Posts
The Central Division is by far the nastiest, I have said that since the beginning of the season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,142 Posts
R-Star said:
Come on Nets fans, I know you love your team, but the Atlantic? Get real.

Central is the overal best and hardest division to play in in this league.
show me one net fan or any post in this thread that stated that the atlantic was the best division??? are you just so consumed with net hate that you make comments up? LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,924 Posts
your right chriswoj. its clearly taken from article. gees at least copy from a recent one and not some old one from the preseason. lol :banana:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
mjm1 said:
show me one net fan or any post in this thread that stated that the atlantic was the best division??? are you just so consumed with net hate that you make comments up? LOL
I just picked the Atlantic! :D

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
it is definitely the central. the pacific is catching up as well with the suns, lakers and kings racking up wins lately. the southwest is also a solid one with the texas teams.. well except the rockets... memphis is in it too..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,303 Posts
Southwest. The Central division is a close 2nd, but the SW minus NO, are all going to be hovering around 50 wins.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top