Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Star in the Making
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best record in a season in NHL history?

What team? What Year?

and do you guys think the Sens have a realistic chance of catching up to them whoever they are... heh...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Although Sens are on pace for a 136 point season theres a very small chance they have that. They have been playing amazing hockey so far but quite likely they will go through some tougher times and end up with around 110-115 points

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Bobot said:
Although Sens are on pace for a 136 point season theres a very small chance they have that. They have been playing amazing hockey so far but quite likely they will go through some tougher times and end up with around 110-115 points
not only that but they have Hasek in net and more than likely once they clinch their division, they'll rest their regulars for the playoffs...

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
shookem said:
The '76-77 Canadians had a record 132 points
but the '95-96 Wings had the most wins 62

at this pace, roughly the Sens will get 136 points.
Points mean nothing, because the NHL has added the OT loss point and increased the number of games in a season (by 2).

I also predict the Sens will not reach 62 wins.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
ghoti said:
Points mean nothing, because the NHL has added the OT loss point and increased the number of games in a season (by 2).

yeah, I was just providing what was asked. I simply used a caculator to come up with that figure of 136. It was, by no means, a reflection of my opinion towards this matter.

for the record, I do not believe the Sens will win more then 60 games this season. it could happen though.

·
Registered
289 Posts
ghoti said:

Umm...I think they will so do most people, but they have an excellent team so I predict about 65 wins.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
i think they can beat either record...mayb even both!

·
Registered
289 Posts
aizn said:
i think they can beat either record...mayb even both!
LOL it could be possible. Once they clinch there division though, Im not shure if they will want to play their top guys. They will probably want to avoid injury for the playoffs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts