Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'msurfing around here, worldcrossing, and realgm and there seem to be som subtle hints hat some people have some information that Jamal is going to be dealt. Of course they are quite naturally tight lipped about it. Being one of Jamal's biggest fans I am very curious as to what exactly is going on. If anyone privy to any information could clue me in , a private message or e-mail would be aprecciated. I promise to be discreet with any info provided.

ALso, if anyone just wants to speculate on this thread feel free too. And if you can't feel free, at least feel cheap :D

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
What sort of hints?

I don't see any here at least. There's Pax's thing on the news last night, but it's far from the first time he hasn't really talked about Jamal as part of the future in the same way he's talked about the other players.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
ACE on a side note do you have the link to the worldcrossing forum , I have not checked it out in a very long time. As for the hints I think something is going down, this whole agent thing has me convinced. I do think it is the right thing to do I just hope we get a good deal. We need perimeter help badly.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
The firing of his agent is interesting. I'm thinking there's some sort of 3 for 2 deal out there and Pax needs JWill to sign his settlement papers to free up the roster spot.

Craw and either Fizer or Erob for some combo of three players. Who they would be and what team it might be, I havn't a clue.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Yeah, the whole Clippers thing has kind of dropped off the radar.

I just hope that if that deal goes down, we get Q back and not freaking Keyon Dooling for Crawford.

I'm not even convinced we want Q, but jeez, please not Keyon Dooling.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Yeah I think you are right fl_flash. My hunch tells me it is the Clip show. What 3 players? Well Jaric and Ely would be two, the third one is the big question? If its Dooling, then YUCK!, if its QRich then I could live with that. Although I am not his biggest fan either.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Uhm... I'm curious as everyone else is. But the more whispers that are made public, the less likely any deal goes down. That is Paxson's MO.

I will throw this log into the fire though... :D

Jamal fires his agent Arn Tellem, 2.5 weeks before the trading deadline. We know Tellem enjoys a pretty solid relationship with the Bulls org, especially Jerry Reinsdorf. You think maybe Crawford sees the writing on the wall and fired his agent knowing he will not be negotiating an extension with Chicago?

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Well the media hasn't helped Ace20004u, NY still wants Crawford and as far as I know. Thomas may be trying to work out a trade by deadline, invloving Jamal.

Jamal has been on the block since last summer, so I assume the closer we get to deadline the more Jamal trades we see listed. That is what bulls fans do.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyway, there have been hints from people like DB7 at reakgm hat somethig is very much in the works and could go down very soon. Unfortunately it seems the info was given to him in confidence and he can't spill the beans.Sevral others also seem to know what is going on and it is being talked about like it is imminent.

Basghetti, do you want to go by this name visiting worldcrossing? I have to add you to the list. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Originally posted by <b>superdave</b>!

Jamal fires his agent Arn Tellem, 2.5 weeks before the trading deadline. We know Tellem enjoys a pretty solid relationship with the Bulls org, especially Jerry Reinsdorf. You think maybe Crawford sees the writing on the wall and fired his agent knowing he will not be negotiating an extension with Chicago?
yes. and it probably didn't help matters when the pax going off on jamal and eddy in the locker room episode hit the papers a few weeks ago. who do you think leaked that to the press?

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
Anyway, there have been hints from people like DB7 at reakgm hat somethig is very much in the works and could go down very soon. Unfortunately it seems the info was given to him in confidence and he can't spill the beans.Sevral others also seem to know what is going on and it is being talked about like it is imminent.

Basghetti, do you want to go by this name visiting worldcrossing? I have to add you to the list. Thanks!
Ace, can you tell give me a link to this worldcrossing site and add me to the list?

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Yeah ACE that will work fine, thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!

Ace, can you tell give me a link to this worldcrossing site and add me to the list?
Sure, you want your nick to be Darius Miles Davis?

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
ACE you said they are talking like it is imminent. Do you mean like in the next couple days or so? They are not even waiting until the 19th, WOW!

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Here's what DB7 said over at realgm in regards to Crawford firing his agent. Obviously he can't say any more. Believe it or don't believe it:

"I've known this was coming for over a week now, and I knew Tyson was playing Saturday night for about a week too. Believe me, there is more big news coming soon on Jamal, and this one pales in comparison."

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Originally posted by <b>superdave</b>!
Or maybe he fired his agent because he COULDN'T negotiate an extension with Chicago already?

There's very little doubt in my mind at this point that Jamal will be traded by the deadline. IF he's not in the future plans, that would be the smart thing to do. At the same time, it would be a huge mistake that we will regret for a long, long time. I was incensed when Artest was traded for Jalen. I'll be 10 times more pissed when Jamal is traded. He's been my favorite player since he came here and I'll blow a gasket every time I think about getting rid of him before he's even close to his prime. In fact, I can't wait til Jamal gets traded somewhere else, becomes an all-star in a couple years, and this board has 18 threads/day talking about how trading Jamal for Eddie Jones screwed the franchise for the next 5-10 years. Just a hunch...

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
PC, trading him for a Eddie Jones would be a mistake. But if trading him nets us a QRich, or a JRich, or someone of the same variety then it is a good deal. Basically JC for an up and coming SG/SF. If this is the situation then I am happy but if it is for scraps or some old vet like EJ then yeah I would be unhappy too.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
As I've said, I'd hate to make a deal just to make a deal. If we don't get one or more players who are better now than Jamal AND will be better than Jamal in 4 or 5 years, it isn't worth doing just to "save the season" or whatever. This season has stunk, but it hasn't been because we have Jamal on the roster. He's been put in a new position and as far as I am concerned, he's done a heck of a job adjusting.

I, for one, like the flexibility that a JCraw and Kirk backcourt give the Bulls and would prefer the Bulls leave Kirk and the 3 C's intact.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts