Ugh. Ilgauskas? Sheesh, what kind of positive difference could he make with this team? Yeah he can score and he's tall, but he's a wimp and slow and quite dour looking too. I have a hard enough time dealing with Vlad wearing #11, but Ilgauskas would put me over the edge.Originally posted by <b>Yega1979</b>!
I'd love to have Ilgauskas! He's been injury free for the last year and a half. Maybe he can play till he's almost 40 like Sabonis. Heck, maybe we could hire Sabonis to be his personal tutor! That would be awesome.
Z has a good shooting touch, but he doesn't have any toughness, nor does he have even a fraction of the passing skills/court awareness that is the genius of Sabonis, and I really don't see Sabas coming back just to mentor and bond with a fellow Lith center.Originally posted by <b>Yega1979</b>!
Sabonis was very good his years in Portland despite being very slow..it's sort of an advantage of being 7-4 300 pounds. You just have to have great court awareness. Ziggy already has a good scoring touch; perhaps Sabonis could come in and really mentor him into being a great player.
Z has a good shooting touch, but he doesn't have any toughness
Like you said, we would have to get more from Cleveland just to make the salaries work, and that could be a good thing (Wagner, Diop, or even Miles...my preference would probably be in that order).Originally posted by <b>ThatBlazerGuy</b>!
I absolutley love this trade. Big good centers are VERY rare in the NBA.
Here are the reasons i LOVE this trade...
1) We could get more than Z from Cleveland. They could send us Wagner or Miles or Diop or any of their other good young players.
2) Big Z has a contact that ends in 2005, thats after next year just like Damon and Dale, so we do not have to take on a big contract, unlike other players that are being offered such as KVH, Jamison and K-Mart.
3) Big men are hard to find. Z is a underrated defender, though he is no defensive stopper. He is a great post player and would force double teams in the post opening up room for Zach.
4) Z is a year younger than Sheed. He is also still improving and seems to me a late bloomer due to injuries.
5) The possibility of having one of our boradcasters saying "Q passes to Zbo down to Big Z in the post"