a little after the all star break, then he serves his suspension

·
Registered
246 Posts
I can't wait!

·
MANRAM!
18,056 Posts
No one will speak of a definitive return date. However, by reading the schedule and interpreting Webber's and Adelman's hopeful yet careful comments, a Webber return is all but ruled out for the next three games: tonight against Seattle, Friday against San Antonio and Sunday against Denver, all at Arco Arena.

Then come the final two games before the Feb. 15 All-Star Game, road contests next Tuesday against Milwaukee and Wednesday against Detroit, Webber's hometown.

First, however, Webber must serve a league suspension of undetermined length for pleading guilty to one count of criminal contempt so he could avoid a federal perjury trial last July.

"You know I would love to play at home," Webber said Monday after going through the entire practice with his team. "But I've got to be realistic. But if we get a good week of practices in, you never know. We just have to see what happens."

During Monday's practice, Webber was not as impressed with his play as center Vlade Divac was.

"He made shots and ran up and down the floor pretty well," Divac said. "He looked good."

Said Webber late Monday afternoon: "I didn't think I shot that well. That's why I'm going back up to the gym at 6 p.m. I need practice. I need it."
http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/basketball/kings/story/8207306p-9138411c.html

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
I almost have forgotten the Kings with Webber on the team, he hasnt been on the team in SO LONG! Cant wait til hes back!

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
:rbanana: :banana: :rbanana: :bbanana: :vbanana: :banana: :vbanana: :banana: :banana: :rbanana: :vbanana: :bbanana: :vbanana: :rbanana: :rbanana: :banana: :vbanana: :rbanana: :banana: :bbanana: :vbanana: :rbanana: :banana: :rbanana: :vbanana: :bbanana:

·
MANRAM!
18,056 Posts
NBA senior vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson said Friday that the length of injured Kings forward Chris Webber's suspension - for pleading guilty to criminal contempt last July - has been determined.

Jackson believed the Kings have been notified of that suspension length, but he was unsure if Webber and/or his representative had been notified. Jackson wouldn't say how long the suspension was supposed to be.

Jackson said his duties in Los Angeles this week hadn't allowed him to confirm the communication among the parties.
"I don't know if (Chris) has been notified," Jackson said. "It will be announced at a time when he's determined to be healthy and able to play."

That time could be coming very soon, said Troy Hanson, the Kings' director of media relations.

"I haven't been made aware of a suspension or the length of a suspension," Hanson said. "But we hope to activate Chris soon, maybe in a couple of days."
http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/basketball/kings/story/8266056p-9196660c.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts