Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Nimreitz said:
Well, he has a broken nose and is backing up an all-star in Magloire.
Magloire ain't exactly lighting it up either, in last five games a messly 8.2 ppg. he does have a nice 9.4 rpg in 30 mpg, so that explains a bit.
I saw a Bucks game earlier in the season and they played Mags and Bogut on the court at the same time, do they not do that anyone? Is Bogut only getting time at the 5?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I haven't watched the bucks recently, but I think the Coach is favoring Joe Smith to start. So you have both Bogut and Gadzuric sitting on the pine. Kind of a weird way to do it. And meanwhile the Bucks have been losing games, as Bogut's minutes have dived. Those are also pretty good numbers for the time he's playing. I mean 7 and a half boards in less than 20 minutes of work?

·
Registered
267 Posts
he needs to step it up for 1st round draft pick

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Coaching. Period. They moved to Joe Smith (who is a good player) but then the team started losing. They should have stuck with the lineup that got the team off to a hot start. That was Bogut/Magloire.

He's not fantastic, but he's a good rebounder and passer. His defense and scoring needs some work but he is a young big. He definitely is playing good enough to deserve more playing time.

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
aNgelo5 said:
he needs to step it up for 1st round draft pick
EXACTLY. Kandi man and Kwame have really stepped up to the challange :rolleyes:. Bogut will be fine once he receives more playing time and recovers from the broken nose. Again, its the first 12 games of his NBA career, there is still plenty of time for him left in the league.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
shookem said:
Magloire ain't exactly lighting it up either, in last five games a messly 8.2 ppg. he does have a nice 9.4 rpg in 30 mpg, so that explains a bit.
I saw a Bucks game earlier in the season and they played Mags and Bogut on the court at the same time, do they not do that anyone? Is Bogut only getting time at the 5?
Magloire isn't a scorer, but he's a great rebounder and post defender and any coach would rather have the rebounds and defense when Mo Williams, Michael Redd, Bobby Simmons, and Joe Smith can score.

Yeah, Joe Smith has been eating up a lot of PT at the 4 lately, but actually he's playing pretty good and at this point I'd probably favor him over Bogut. He defended Garnett pretty well last night and he's been knocking down his midrange shot.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Thing is, Joe Smith isn't really as efficient as Bogut. He shoots 43 percent from the field, which is amazing for a power forward who plays around the basket. Bogut meanwhile is up at a more respectble 50 percent.

It's interesting to note that the games the Bucks have lost, Bogut has played less, and not played as well. But the games they've won, he's played a lot, and played well.

Eventually the Bucks will lose enough that he'll switch it back to what they had when they were winning.

·
Stinging the West!
2,551 Posts
He's not getting a first overall pick minutes

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
It's weird. He was probably outplaying Magloire while they were starting the twin towers, now he's basically getting a minute here and there, and garbage time. Still, I believe he'll be putting up a near double-double by the end of the season, which if you follow his progress in the Olympics, college etc. has been his usual output before rising to prominence.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
He knows Kobe's public undressing of his dignity is approaching. But as of now-

""by just looking at him, i already knew he's not gonna be better than chris mihm. hahaha..........""

^^^^^^^^^
Insult to Chris Mihm

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
He started against Detroit and is holding up on his own so far.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
What do ya know, he's back in the starting line-up (JSmiff must be injured) and well on his way to a double-double plus.

If you book him, he will come...

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
By the way, Magloire has 5 offensive rebounds and 9 total at halftime against Detroit. It can go either way about whether or not Bogut should start, but Magloire is by FAR the best big on the team at this time.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Must be nice for Bucks fans to have this debate. They haven't had a good center since Kareem. An old Moses Malone and Frank Brickowski don't count.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Well, the bloom is off of Milwaukee as they enter the part of the season where you find your identity. It can either way with them but I think they are better starting Bogut and Magloire.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts