Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a couple threads earlier about "ERobbed Us" and the like. I ignored these. With Rose and Marshall sitting out as well, I saw it as BC sitting the vets who figured to see major minutes come regular season.

Now I hear that Rose and Marshall are playing tonight, but still no ERob. A hamstring, right?

I've defended ERob for the past two years, and I'm not quite ready to jump to the side of the bashers. Still, with the other vets returning to the court tonight, I'm starting to scratch my head a little. Does anyone know whassup?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by <b>transplant</b>!
I read a couple threads earlier about "ERobbed Us" and the like. I ignored these. With Rose and Marshall sitting out as well, I saw it as BC sitting the vets who figured to see major minutes come regular season.

Now I hear that Rose and Marshall are playing tonight, but still no ERob. A hamstring, right?

I've defended ERob for the past two years, and I'm not quite ready to jump to the side of the bashers. Still, with the other vets returning to the court tonight, I'm starting to scratch my head a little. Does anyone know whassup?
JUMP, please JUMP!! To answer your question, the company line is its a hami and when he plays will be a gameday decision.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Leave E-Robbery alone

He is only making millions and not producing for the second year in a row. Hey at least he benches 275 :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Just remember who bashed him. I think you guys will be happy when he takes the floor. Besides, preseason really doesn't count, the Bulls may as well hold him out till he is 100%

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
I respect you Erob supporters, but according to the Herald he isn't even practicing yet. Good god... I wonder if hes dead.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C.C.C.P</b>!
I respect you Erob supporters, but according to the Herald he isn't even practicing yet. Good god... I wonder if hes dead.
But according to the inimitable K. C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune this morning..."Eddie Robinson hopes to make his preseason debut Monday."

I'm so confused! :uhoh:

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
;-)

Originally posted by <b>C.C.C.P</b>!
I can see it on the movie marquee..........

WEEKEND WITH EDDIE

....fun filled comedy where the Bulls realize their SF is a stiff, but continue the season anyway.

(Maybe Eddie will do better at the box office than Bernie did)

GO BULLS!

:rbanana: :wbanana:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
Just remember who bashed him. I think you guys will be happy when he takes the floor. Besides, preseason really doesn't count, the Bulls may as well hold him out till he is 100%
Why because he guards like my grandma. He has no handles and they uglies shot this side of Michael ruffin. Plus waiting for him to get healthy seems like a pointless activity. :p

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
This Just in:

INJURY REPORT for Oct 21st Vs T'Wolves

Bulls:
Tyson Chandler - concussion - doubtful
Donyell Marshall - sprained right ankle - expected to play tonight
Eddie Robinson - sore right hamstring - expected to play tonight
Jalen Rose - bruised right knee - probable
Roger Mason, Jr. - dislocated right shoulder - out indefinitely

Looks like he's doing better then thought. I remember watching him rip stuff up last pre-season. Ahhh... seems like so long ago. haha

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I'm still waiting for Eddie Robinson to play well during a stretch of regular season games. I can't help but compare the guy to our other SG signing, Ron Mercer. There aren't too many Mercer supporters to be found, but the guy put up 19/4/3 per and stayed healthy. Even the most staunch Robinson supporter would drool over those type of numbers.

Until proven otherwise, Robinson hasn't shown capable of being a regular NBA starter. He is, at best, a Tyrone Nesby type of player... a spot-starter, good 6th man, streaky jumpshooter, and exciting finisher on the break. The guy is 26, has been in the league for 3 seasons, and is quickly running out of excuses. I say bring it this season, or pack your bags. That is, if anyone is willing to pick up the remaining 25+ mil remaining on his contract.

VD

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jim Ian</b>!
This Just in:

INJURY REPORT for Oct 21st Vs T'Wolves

Bulls:
Tyson Chandler - concussion - doubtful
Donyell Marshall - sprained right ankle - expected to play tonight
Eddie Robinson - sore right hamstring - expected to play tonight
Jalen Rose - bruised right knee - probable
Roger Mason, Jr. - dislocated right shoulder - out indefinitely

Looks like he's doing better then thought. I remember watching him rip stuff up last pre-season. Ahhh... seems like so long ago. haha

This Just In...NOT! :naughty:

As I noted earlier in this thread, the incomparable K. C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune broke this tidbit of news about Robinson at the crack of dawn this morning.

For those who are interested, the Bulls injury updates are easily obtainable at their website:

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/injury_report.html

·
Registered
31,975 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Vin Diesel</b>!
I'm still waiting for Eddie Robinson to play well during a stretch of regular season games. I can't help but compare the guy to our other SG signing, Ron Mercer. There aren't too many Mercer supporters to be found, but the guy put up 19/4/3 per and stayed healthy. Even the most staunch Robinson supporter would drool over those type of numbers.

Until proven otherwise, Robinson hasn't shown capable of being a regular NBA starter. He is, at best, a Tyrone Nesby type of player... a spot-starter, good 6th man, streaky jumpshooter, and exciting finisher on the break. The guy is 26, has been in the league for 3 seasons, and is quickly running out of excuses. I say bring it this season, or pack your bags. That is, if anyone is willing to pick up the remaining 25+ mil remaining on his contract.

VD
Count me as a Mercer fan, FWIW.

It seems like people are putting a lot of pressure on ERob to perform immediately, due to his salary. The injuries are a big issue, but if it took him 3-4 years of regular playing to even approach Pippen-like numbers (18ppg 4th season), I would be pretty happy.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DickieHurtz</b>!

This Just In...NOT! :naughty:

As I noted earlier in this thread, the incomparable K. C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune broke this tidbit of news about Robinson at the crack of dawn this morning.

For those who are interested, the Bulls injury updates are easily obtainable at their website:

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/injury_report.html
Easy Killer. :clown:

I posted as soon as I received an Email confirmation from the Bulls concerning the injury status against the T'wolves.

While K. C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune may be incomparable or inimitable in your opinion, I prefer to wait for word from the Bulls directly.

Thanks for understanding.

·
Registered
491 Posts
EROB latest classic, " GO HOME IF YOU'RE GOING TO BOO"!!!

Excuse me, Erob, but unless you can hit a jumpshot which you can't if your life is depending on it, you've no business whatsoever being in the NBA. This guy is becoming a ***** cancer every year and I wish we package, Fizer, Crawford, and Erob to someone for scrub change because I have enough of their attitude.

[Tri_N, good post but I had to clean up the language a bit - VD]

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Tri_N</b>!
EROB latest classic, " GO HOME IF YOU'RE GOING TO BOO"!!!

Excuse me, Erob, but unless you can hit a jumpshot which you can't if your life is depending on it, you've no business whatsoever being in the NBA. This guy is becoming a ***** cancer every year and I wish we package, Fizer, Crawford, and Erob to someone for scrub change because I have enough of their attitude.

[Tri_N, good post but I had to clean up the language a bit - VD]

Uhhh. E-Rob is nearly a career 50%shooter. He just might have had an off night because he is a.) coming off an injury and b.) has only practice once. Still, his intensity on defense made all of the difference in the world. He had a pretty damn good game, his jumper simly wasn't falling. Incidentally, if someone was booing me i would tell them to go to hell instead of telling them to go home. How anyone can be upset with him for what he said is beyong me.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nobull1</b>!

Why because he guards like my grandma. He has no handles and they uglies shot this side of Michael ruffin. Plus waiting for him to get healthy seems like a pointless activity. :p

Maybe Minny should offer your grandma a contract. They could use a player that E-Rob can't bother.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts