Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tonight they beat the Timberwolves 97-89.

I say what's up with them because it seems like they play good against the better teams. Just look at the playoff teams they have beat thus far:

New Orleans
Milwaukee (twice)
Denver (twice)
San Antonio
Detroit
Minnesota
Boston

That's nine wins against playoff teams as of February 4th. Now, they are the same team that got pounded by a Lakers team without Shaq/Kobe/Malone, but the point is maybe the Hawks really aren't that bad.

The Hawks are now 6-6 since they beat the Spurs on January 13th and they are 6 games out of the playoff picture. I'm just surprised that they have been playing so well as of late after looking like the worst team in the league for a large portion of the season.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
They are crazy, nine wins like you said out of 16 total! That is sick. Go Hawks. These stats show that their problem doesn't lie in talent it is something else. They need more motivation.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
that thread posted earlier by someone labeled "shareef, leader or loser?" is absolute garbage. he may not be on the same level as kobe or iverson, but he definately has some huge positive aspects in his game, just look at how he scored 32 against the formidable front court of minnesota tonight. jason terry is a good playmaker, altho hes kind of inconsistent. ratliff provides a good inside presence, but against the likes of shaq and jermaine o'neal hes no match. i personally think atlanta is only a piece or two from being in playoff contention, maybe if they could land okafor in the draft and get themselves a good shooting gaurd they may be able to win 40 games next season.

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
Originally posted by <b>b-diddy</b>!
that thread posted earlier by someone labeled "shareef, leader or loser?" is absolute garbage.
No my thread is not garbage. :mad: If you can read well, you'll notice that there was an opportunity for you to share your opinion. Thus, it's a very fair thread. Many others defended Shareef while others agreed that he's not a true leader.

Sorry for writing this post in this thread guys, but some of us make ignorant comments that need to be dealt with. :cool:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I dont get Atlanta myself. I see them knock off my wolves tonight, but they are still a laughing stock team. They have some good talent there (Shareef, Terry, Jackson, Ratliff) which can match with most teams in the east. I feel the problem of this team is the front office. This team needs to be sold, moved and start over. They cant draw fans. They were a consistant playoff team in the 90's for a while, but fans still didnt come. The Braves dont draw fans. Move the hawks, start over, and see what happens with this franchise.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Kobe played in that game... at one point with about 3 minutes to go in the second he and Slava were outscoring the Hawks.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Nah, it's the trade. Whoa! I checked my team and it said Rahim - F, Por. Whaaaa??!??! lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts