Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roughed-up rookie

Dwight Howard got in Nenad Krstic's face the last time the Nets played the Magic in Orlando. Saturday night, it was Stacey Augmon. The veteran swingman took Krstic down in the fourth quarter. Later, after Krstic was called for an offensive foul, he pushed Augmon, who had to be restrained.

"It was the same thing last time in Orlando," said Krstic, who scored a season-high 28 points and grabbed 11 rebounds. "They hit me all the time. They push me. They [are] very hard."
http://www.northjersey.com/page.php...lRUV5eTY2NzQ5MzkmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

It has been two games in a row where they have roughed up Nenad, which has seemed quite intentional.

What's going on?

·
Registered
59 Posts
looked to me as though augmon tried to pull a WWF move on Kristic last night, i'm glad that he pushed him back later (even though the technical might have cost us the game :( ) at least hes gotta show people that hes not "soft" or hes gonna get pushed around the rest of his career

some hours in the weight room and some bad *** tattoos might do the trick... and maybe if he shaved his head... lol

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
dk92487 said:
some hours in the weight room and some bad *** tattoos might do the trick... and maybe if he shaved his head... lol
:laugh: I think it would be impossible to make Nenad look like a bad ***...he's got a little baby face goin on and is as lanky as a sock. Either way, I'm glad to see teams breaking in the rooks.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Agreed, it would be pretty hard to make him look like a league tough guy, he'll just have to use his talent and work ethic... which is pretty up there.

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
PSUmtj112 said:
http://www.northjersey.com/page.php...lRUV5eTY2NzQ5MzkmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

It has been two games in a row where they have roughed up Nenad, which has seemed quite intentional.

What's going on?
Well, it's definitely a legitimate tactic one can take against him. He's young and even if he responds well to it (is physical back), he'll likely pick up an extra foul or two. And Krstic is essential to what the Nets do. When he's rollin' the Nets are usually in the game.

·
Registered
268 Posts
scalabrine needs to shave his head and bulk up, become the nets inforcer :banana:

then nenad wouldn't have to worry about anyone for fear of VEAL coming off the bench and kicking some *** :clown:

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
smaug said:
scalabrine needs to shave his head and bulk up, become the nets inforcer :banana:

then nenad wouldn't have to worry about anyone for fear of VEAL coming off the bench and kicking some *** :clown:
Collins would be a good enforcer... His fouls are solid, seems at times he could have a mean streak in him too.

-Petey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts