Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK what is going on here? The OVC Season is heating up and this board is dying down. TIme for everybody to start checking in.

My Austin Peay Governors are currently seated atop the OVC standings with a 7-0 conference record. We go Tennessee Tech tonight for a stand off with an opponent who is always very tough. (I'm leaving Clarksville in a few hours to make the drive to Cookeville) After pulling off a squeaker against SEMO last Saturday I feel our boys are going to have to play alot more consistant if we are to stay #1.

I will give props to SEMO though. They looked like they have a pretty good team if they can just get over that hump. I will say that they played the game with more heart than we did. That one would have probably went the other way if it were played in Missouri.

Levi Carmicheal came off the bench for us against EIU last Thursday and scored a career high 13 points. His three point basket in the second half was a big momentum changer and helped to push us past the Panthers 64-57

Let us know what is going on with your team. Are any of your less-heralded players stepping up? What is your outlook for the rest of the season? Just let me know what's going on out there. You can only learn so much by reading the reports on the OVC website.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boy y'all are a talkitive bunch ain't ya.

Just for the record there is three weeks left in the Ohio Valley Conference Season. Austin Peay is currently at the top with an 11-0 record. But Murray is in second at 9-1. The racers are coming to Peay Town on Saturday. It is definately going to be a great ballgame. One that could go either way.

Oh did I mention that the OVC tournament is three weeks away Will you people type already???????????

·
Registered
86 Posts
After getting off to a sort of rough start, it looks like you guys have been playing some really good basketball...and at the right time of year too. Good luck in the OVC tournament.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW!

People do still come here. ;)

Yeah we're doing pretty good in Conference action. Right now were down 8 to Witcita State at half time though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts