Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i was just thinking about the upcoming season and it hit me that, for one reason or another, i am really pumped about this season. I'm not sure why, but compared to past seasons, it just feels like this year there is a whole lot to get excited about.
I created this thread to hype up this season. Everyone can post something that they are excited about for this season. I guess i'll start :D:

1) The race for the finals: I think that this year the whole race for the finals will be much more dramatic than last years (no one really saw the kings-lakers series being so intense) since all the top teams, except the lakers, have taken steps to become better. The kings acquired Keon Clark, the Mavericks will be able to let Nick the Quick and Raef Lafrentz gel with the team and system, and the Spurs have added Ginobili and a new attitude. Not to mention Washington's facelift and Orlando's rejuvination (mostly due to Grant Hill). I think the competition will be much more fierce this year, and i'm looking forward to it.

2) The up and comers: Many young teams are showing some real progress and are becoming dangerous very quickly. These teams include the Pacers, the Clippers, the Suns, the Rockets, the Warriors, and the Grizzlies. It will be very interesting to see what teams actually show up this season and which will slink back into their place in the cellar of the nba standings.

3) the intrigue of new players: This year has some of the most interesting rookies of any year before it. first, there is Yao Ming. The man is unlike anything the NBA has seen before. Will he suceed or will he bomb? who knows.... Also, guys like Emmanuel Ginobili and Pau Gasol showed incredibly strong showings at the WBC, and some rookies are really showing some strong potential, like Drew Gooden, and even some second rounders like Lonny Baxter. The rookie race looks to be exciting this year.

I wont go on, but i probably could. please post what excites you about the upcoming season. Lets get ourselves nice and hyped for tipoff in only 9 days :rbanana: :gbanana: :banana: :wbanana: :vbanana: :cbanana: :bbanana:

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am excited to see Ming, Ginnobolli, Jayson Williams and Dunleavy.

I am excited to see the battle for supremacy among the big four in the west.

I am excited to see the Clippers and Blazers attempt to crack that foursome.

Hitman

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry i missed the bulls as a upcoming team in the league. the development of curry and chandler will be good as well.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
the Magic's rejuvenation? of what? Grant Hill?

the Magic are still the same from last season except with an overweight Kemp and a crap center in Oyedeji.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm excited cuz I think the East will be better overall this year.

New east teams are coming up (ie NJ, Atl, Orlando). Also, old east powers like Philly, Ind, & Bucks should be better. Making the conference more competitive as a whole. It's gonna be a dog fight in the east.

I don't watch too many West games (cept when they're playing NJ) so I can't speak on them. But the rivalry between LAL & Sac is intense and should get better.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I'm excited to see if the ATL Hawks can gel together and become one of the elite teams in the NBA. You may laugh now, but if everyone stays off the IL and there is great chemistry, it is very possible.

1. If Jason Terry plays point guard like he did last year, he'll have put up 20+ points and 7+ assists. Which is the right kind of stats to put him in the elite point guards category.

2. If Glenn Robinson can be our go-to guy and if he can mix right in with Terry and Reef. Then the Big Dog trade will go down as one of the most lopsided.

3. If SAR is able to expand his game, now that he'll see less double/triple teams because people will have to respect Big Dog's jumper and teams were starting to realize last year that Jason Terry is also a scoring threat. (Just ask Dallas, he went off for nearly 50 points on them)

4. If Theo can stay off the IL and stay on the court. Theo was the premiere shot blocker in the league, and if he stays on the court, he'll make Atlanta's defense that much better.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I am excited because we'll be able to watch more NBA games on cable and national TVs. :) But I might miss some games because of my working hours, which is not good because the eastern conference is far more competitive and unpredictable and there should be more excitements. :(

·
Registered
525 Posts
Originally posted by <b>GeorgiaSports</b>!
I'm excited to see if the ATL Hawks can gel together and become one of the elite teams in the NBA. You may laugh now, but if everyone stays off the IL and there is great chemistry, it is very possible.

1. If Jason Terry plays point guard like he did last year, he'll have put up 20+ points and 7+ assists. Which is the right kind of stats to put him in the elite point guards category.

2. If Glenn Robinson can be our go-to guy and if he can mix right in with Terry and Reef. Then the Big Dog trade will go down as one of the most lopsided.

3. If SAR is able to expand his game, now that he'll see less double/triple teams because people will have to respect Big Dog's jumper and teams were starting to realize last year that Jason Terry is also a scoring threat. (Just ask Dallas, he went off for nearly 50 points on them)

4. If Theo can stay off the IL and stay on the court. Theo was the premiere shot blocker in the league, and if he stays on the court, he'll make Atlanta's defense that much better.
I expect Atl to be competitive. They have alot of fire power. The only problem is that they aren't deep. Their big 3 will play alot of minutes.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Im excited:

1. Dirk and the Mavs are going to be that much better

2. The Kobe vs Tmac debate might get settlrd a little because I have a feeling that Shaq is going to miss a lot of games on purpose so Kobe can shine. Then in the playoffs they go back to the old 1-2 punch

3.Grant hill is going to elevate Orlando/Shawn Kemp one of my favs of all time might be rejuvinated

4. Revenge at Sac town cause they think they left us in the rearview mirror when we are driving right next to them

5. Or nieghbors next door N. O. have an awesome team and that might become the next big rivalry becuase I predict Dal. and NO to meet in the Finals

6. I actually paid attention to some college ball last year and so Im looking forward to seeing some of the rookies play.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts