Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any talk of the Suns taking the West has completely dissipated. They have lost 4 of their last 6, three of which they had Amare. They were blown out in NJ and again tonight in Milwaukee. I'm not trashing on the Suns, but just want some input from Suns fans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,449 Posts
I said it b4. The Suns have built strong chemistry w/out Amare & his return caused disfunction to the framework of what has brought them success to this pt. in the season. Whenever a team has to integrate a key player back into the system after being absent for so long they'll go through a brief funk. When Amare gets healthier & acclimated to playing large portions of minutes & D'Antoni figures things out they will be back to their dominant selves again & then some.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,411 Posts
neoxsupreme said:
I said it b4. The Suns have built strong chemistry w/out Amare & his return caused disfunction to the framework of what has brought them success to this pt. in the season. Whenever a team has to integrate a key player back into the system after being absent for so long they'll go through a brief funk. When Amare gets healthier & acclimated to playing large portions of minutes & D'Antoni figures things out they will be back to their dominant selves again & then some.
Yeah Its Amare's fault..I think they should trade him.



Lakers offer Chris Mihm and Luke Walton..final offer. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
116,017 Posts
neoxsupreme said:
I said it b4. The Suns have built strong chemistry w/out Amare & his return caused disfunction to the framework of what has brought them success to this pt. in the season. Whenever a team has to integrate a key player back into the system after being absent for so long they'll go through a brief funk. When Amare gets healthier & acclimated to playing large portions of minutes & D'Antoni figures things out they will be back to their dominant selves again & then some.

and I'll say this again. We were 2-1 with Amare in the line up. Beating Blazers and Nuggets who won 3 in a row and had come off that Spurs win. It's just a slide. 2 weeks or so ago we had an 11 game win streak. It was bound to happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,449 Posts
dissonance19 said:
and I'll say this again. We were 2-1 with Amare in the line up. Beating Blazers and Nuggets who won 3 in a row and had come off that Spurs win. It's just a slide. 2 weeks or so ago we had an 11 game win streak. It was bound to happen.
I wasn't trying to disrespect Amare or the Suns. I was merely adding my 2 cents on the situation. The Suns faced a surging hot Nets team & beaten by a record performance (11 3s in 3rd quarter) by the Bucks. Maybe that's it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
116,017 Posts
neoxsupreme said:
I wasn't trying to disrespect Amare or the Suns. I was merely adding my 2 cents on the situation. The Suns faced a surging hot Nets team & beaten by a record performance (11 3s in 3rd quarter) by the Bucks. Maybe that's it.

Oh, no. I didnt think you were disrespecting Amare or the Suns. I just don't think chemistry of intergrating him had to do with it. Amare played 15-20 mins in those 3 games. We had our regular starters in most of the time in those 3 games. Tonight, I don't even think it was the case of the lineup losing chemistry now that Amare is out or them trying to play with one another again. Because he wasn't in there that long to begin with. We're just not playing well right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
The Suns D has gone down hill with the injury to Kurt Thomas, he last played February 22nd. It was Thomas who anchored the interior D. He may not have put up great numberss, but he was their interior focus.

On March 21st they got Brian Grant back from injury, he had been out since November. The following game they got Amare back.

Amare out from November til March 23 - now out indefinatly
Grant out from November til March 21
K Thomas out from February 22 til at least the playoffs

I think the lack of true size has finally caught up with them.The Suns have been lucky that they have been able to man the center position by placing Diaw there.

The state of flux their rotation has been in has also contributed to their poor play.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Amaré
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top