Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this team is playing horrible. they fall apart in the second half of games, we have all this offensive power but no one can seem to make shots down the stretch. we need a clear cut go-to guy.

finley has been playing bad as well i think its finally time for fin to hit the bench.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
too many layers who are best suited for the 3

Walker. Dirk and Jamison are all best at sf.....all 3 cant play at once..so that means 2 play out of position, and teams dont win with players out of position

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Originally posted by <b>stevenash</b>!
maybe we should try and get sheed, i cant imagine dirk and sheed on the same team. it would be scary
Supposedly, Nash only wants either Dirk or St. Nash from us. Both are very unlikely, and I'd be pissed if it happened.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Our chemistry isn't what it needs to be to make it work with the players we have. I wouldn't be suprised if we have a subpar year followed by another revamping of our roster.

If Nash does end up leaving IMO he'll be replaced by one of the many SG's trapped in a point guard's body type players to allow Walker to play the point forward.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
You know wat it is. Partly its the out of position thing. But why is this. Now no matter how crap LaFrenz was playing, he has alot more skills than most centers in the league today.

Without someone half skilled in the middle, dallas are playing small ball, with forwards. Guys who arnt quick enough to free up off the ball or on the dribble, nor do they have great power games (note not post game, but power).

They need a center who can block shots with regularity and pass well. Shawn bradley just doesnt get position well, and isnt a great outlet passer.

they havent been running as much and they dont have a cluth shot creator. I dont really like the look of this dallas team. They should have EITHER got Antoine OR Antwawn. Not both.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shazha</b>!
You know wat it is. Partly its the out of position thing. But why is this. Now no matter how crap LaFrenz was playing, he has alot more skills than most centers in the league today.
I don't like him, but at least he could play some defense.

Without someone half skilled in the middle, dallas are playing small ball, with forwards. Guys who arnt quick enough to free up off the ball or on the dribble, nor do they have great power games (note not post game, but power).
Agreed, I also think one thing that is killing the Mavs is the stupid Zone defense.

They need a center who can block shots with regularity and pass well. Shawn bradley just doesnt get position well, and isnt a great outlet passer.
they havent been running as much and they dont have a cluth shot creator. I dont really like the look of this dallas team. They should have EITHER got Antoine OR Antwawn. Not both.
I agree, they should have gotten one or the other...not only for the sake of the Mavs but for the sake of the players too. Neither of those two are off the bench players, and need ALOT of touches.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Originally posted by <b>aquaitious</b>!

I don't like him, but at least he could play some defense.

Agreed, I also think one thing that is killing the Mavs is the stupid Zone defense.

I agree, they should have gotten one or the other...not only for the sake of the Mavs but for the sake of the players too. Neither of those two are off the bench players, and need ALOT of touches.
Cool seems like we are in "agreeance" with alot :D

·
Registered
955 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Zach</b>!
We should have kept NVE. He was the silent leader of the team.
He wasn't really the silent type of the team...he was the one the created the famous word "F--- 'em". Hes the one that pointed out that the mavz should stop saying how good the Kings were and start saying they could beat them. He was truly the heart and soul of the team.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts