Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had to work on Thanksgiving the last few years and just now realized there isn't a TNT double header tonight. Did Stern waive the white flag to the NFL?

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
probably started when the nfl added the night game to thanksgiving lineup.. just something not right to me about watching basketball on thanksgiving

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
I don't mind the NBA not playing on Thanksgiving. Their Christmas lineup is huge, and it really isn't fair to the players on the marquee teams to miss Christmas and Thanksgiving with their families.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
I don't mind the NBA not playing on Thanksgiving. Their Christmas lineup is huge, and it really isn't fair to the players on the marquee teams to miss Christmas and Thanksgiving with their families.
Well the NFL has the lions play every year.. couldnt the nba have the bobcats play?:drums:

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Last year, this year and 1998 are the only times I don't remember their being games.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I was curious so I looked it up. Just going back to 1990, there weren't any NBA games on Thanksgiving in 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2006, 2007, 2011, and 2012.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't think they ever did except for a few select years for some reason. I was wondering this too. I wish there were games but then again the Christmas lineup is always sick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts