Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did Tyson Chandler be lumped with the argument that he has not produced for this team because he is immature and undisciplined.

I don't get where that comes from.

He gets lumped with Curry in every negative article/comment.

What has Tyson done to deserve so much criticism when it has been management that has kept him out this long?

Why are we blaming our most competent young big over the last 3 years.

I believe his absence has been a factor in our lack of success, however I see his loss like Seattle losing Ray Allen or the Lakers losing Shaq...

Not that Tyson is either of those players, but what he does offensively and defensively is what makes EVERYTHING easier for EVERYBODY. Much like how KG, Duncan, Shaq, and others just make everything easier for their teams. If not from a production standpoint, then certainly from their presence on the floor.

People fear Chandler.

They don't fear Curry.

They are learning to fear Jamal.

They are seeing Kirk as a threat.

Can we agree on what the problem is here?

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
I think the opinion that Tyson's back injury is because he didn't do enough work in the offseason is uninformed, unless anyone has a link and a quote that I am not aware of.

If anything, unless I hear otherwise, I chalk it up to an injury (no one's fault), or if anyone is at fault, it is the Bulls training and medical staff.

If I hold Tyson accountable for anything, it's his general lack of post moves and his inability to handle the ball.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If Tyson has one weakness physically...

It's his hands...

He doesn't have normal size hands for a player his size. His hands are unusually small and its hard for him to handle tough passes in traffic.

That's pretty much his weakness as I see it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Wasn't Tyson still sick during some of the offseason? Matter of fact, wasn't even still taking pills for the condition at the start of camp?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>WookiesOnRitalin</b>!

I believe his absence has been a factor in our lack of success, however I see his loss like Seattle losing Ray Allen or the Lakers losing Shaq...

Not that Tyson is either of those players, but what he does offensively and defensively is what makes EVERYTHING easier for EVERYBODY. Much like how KG, Duncan, Shaq, and others just make everything easier for their teams. If not from a production standpoint, then certainly from their presence on the floor.
I think people forget we were losing with Tyson just as badly, actually worse...even though he was out there busting his butt.

So no. I don't agree his loss is of the magnitude of the Lakers losing Shaq or the Sonics losing Allen.

People need to put it out of their mind right now that Chandler is going to save the season. Those expectations are way too high.

The fact of the matter with Tyson is that while his on the court effort is good. He still doesn't have the body to do what he needs to do. He has a SF's body. But doesn't have the Skills for SF.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
Re: Re: When Did This Happen?

Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!

I think people forget we were losing with Tyson just as badly, actually worse...even though he was out there busting his butt.

So no. I don't agree his loss is of the magnitude of the Lakers losing Shaq or the Sonics losing Allen.

People need to put it out of their mind right now that Chandler is going to save the season. Those expectations are way too high.

The fact of the matter with Tyson is that while his on the court effort is good. He still doesn't have the body to do what he needs to do. He has a SF's body. But doesn't have the Skills for SF.
gotta agree here, to an extent. Tyson should provide a lift for this team and hopefully he'll open up some things on both ends of the floor, but he's not gonna catapult this team up to .500 ball or anything else. the rest of the team has improved, in some ways, since he left and the effort is usually better than it was - hopefully tyson can simply contribute to that in a positive sense.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Re: Re: Re: When Did This Happen?

Originally posted by <b>ViciousFlogging</b>!

gotta agree here, to an extent. Tyson should provide a lift for this team and hopefully he'll open up some things on both ends of the floor, but he's not gonna catapult this team up to .500 ball or anything else. the rest of the team has improved, in some ways, since he left and the effort is usually better than it was - hopefully tyson can simply contribute to that in a positive sense.
I agree, he's not gonna save this God-forsaken team, but his energy and rebounding can't hurt.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He gives us more oppurtunity to win.

That is what I meant.

You're going to tell me that if Tyson had been playing 100% healthy the whole year, we'd be in the cellar?

I doubt that...

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Re: Re: When Did This Happen?

Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!
I think the opinion that Tyson's back injury is because he didn't do enough work in the offseason is uninformed, unless anyone has a link and a quote that I am not aware of.

If anything, unless I hear otherwise, I chalk it up to an injury (no one's fault), or if anyone is at fault, it is the Bulls training and medical staff.

If I hold Tyson accountable for anything, it's his general lack of post moves and his inability to handle the ball.
NCBullsFan asked the same question not ling ago. Here are some links I posted then with quotes from vairious souces voicing the opinion.

Tyson's lack of offseason strength and conditioning training hurt us

1 - 9 of 9 Posts