Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah Thylo, I agree with you

But I think that Damon's game would suffer more than Jmac's from the bench. Damon handled it OK last time, but he was self-medicating then. I really think he's been giving it all he has, and the demotion would be really hard on him. Damon has a pretty fragile ego, as we all know.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
I don't give a hoot about his ego. Damon loses us games because he can not pass inside and dribbles for 20 seconds at a time. This is not to say that McInnis is a stud, he also hogs the ball, but at least he moves more freely and is able to get the ball to Zach and Sheed better. I actually think that Damons veteran skills would help more on the second team then on the first. He should come off the bench. McInnis should get about 30 minutes a game and Damon Should get about 22 minutes. McI could swing over to the 2 guard a little but I want him a point for the most part.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Originally posted by <b>thylo</b>!
I wish that Cheeks had the gumption to do what needs to be done, and keep McInnis as a starter and bench Damon.

I wish Cheeks would do this as well. I feel McInnis is a much more consistent player then Damon is. Damon does bust out some big games from time to time but so does half our squad it seems. If we don't get some consistency and reward dedicated effort then I dont see how this squad is ever going to improve.

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
Originally posted by <b>thylo</b>!
I don't give a hoot about his ego. Damon loses us games because he can not pass inside and dribbles for 20 seconds at a time.
Idealy I'd like to have Damon come off the bench too, but I'm more concerned with having the best players on the court when games are won. If Damon's ego is at mortal risk if he's not starting, then just make sure Jeff finishes the games.

STOMP

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But STOMP, we've won at least 4 games in the clutch because of Damon. Plus, Damon's D is better than people are giving him credit for. He's held his own with many top point guards (i.e. Kidd, Marbury)

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NathanLane</b>!
But STOMP, we've won at least 4 games in the clutch because of Damon. Plus, Damon's D is better than people are giving him credit for. He's held his own with many top point guards (i.e. Kidd, Marbury)
You're a Damon fan AND a Keith Van Horn fan?

Man.

Damon is NOT better at defense than people are giving him credit for. He's pathetic. He's constantly lit up by his own man, doesn't apply perimeter pressure on entry passes, and can't double with any efficacy because of his lack of size.

Ed O.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NathanLane</b>!
Plus, Damon's D is better than people are giving him credit for. He's held his own with many top point guards (i.e. Kidd, Marbury)
Held his own?

Minnesota's Sam Cassell went off for a double double against Damon's 6 pts 5 assist effort. Portland lost.

Steve Nash lit him up for his first career triple double. Damon was 3-13 for 8 pts. Portland lost.

Lebron James was 1 assist shy of a triple double. Damon had 5 points. Portland lost.

Seattle's Brent Barry and Flip Murry combined for 44 pts. Damon managed a whopping 3 pts, 3 assists and 3 turnovers. Portland lost.

For every game where he's 'held his own' he has 3 or 4 games where he flat out gets killed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I, too, don't really care about Damon's ego. And the only thing he shuts down is Portland's offensive flow.

McInnis deserves to start; his recent consistency has been good to see the last few weeks. The only asset Damon's brought to the floor has been some clutch shooting, but his negatives have helped the Blazers lose game after game, season after season.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.