Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
... oh wait, Pip's been back for two games. We lost them both pretty handily.

What was the Bulls record in games Tyson has played this year? 2-8.

I just thought I'd point that out :|
True but Pip barely has his legs under him yet. Also Tyson has never played with teh current lineup. And in the 10 games he did play in the whole team was stinking it up except him. Remember, when he was playing healthy Tyson was top 5 in the NBA in rebounds and blocks. That HAS to make a difference. Besides, the last two games were against pretty darn good opponents as well.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
13 ppg 10.1 rpg 1.3 bpg in 28.6 mpg in the 10 games TC played this season.

I think its safe to say we've missed those numbers.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TomBoerwinkle#1</b>!
13 ppg 10.1 rpg 1.3 bpg in 28.6 mpg in the 10 games TC played this season.

I think its safe to say we've missed those numbers.
Not to mention that just having Tyson on the floor forces the other team to alter a ton of shots. He is a serious defensive presence in the paint.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See, this is the false expectations treadmill in full swing.

We make excuses for Pip when his return doesn't lead to much improvement, and then we hype up Chandler as if he's going to turn things around.

He's not. His numbers are decent, but more minutes for him will mean less for AD, JYD, and Blount. The net result might be positive, but not by much.

As far as the extent to which Tyson altered games... well, we were 2-8 with him... by record somewhat worse than we were without him.

All I'm saying guys, is don't hold your breath waiting for that 10 game winning streak.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
See, this is the false expectations treadmill in full swing.

We make excuses for Pip when his return doesn't lead to much improvement, and then we hype up Chandler as if he's going to turn things around.

He's not. His numbers are decent, but more minutes for him will mean less for AD, JYD, and Blount. The net result might be positive, but not by much.

As far as the extent to which Tyson altered games... well, we were 2-8 with him... by record somewhat worse than we were without him.

All I'm saying guys, is don't hold your breath waiting for that 10 game winning streak.
I really didn't expect much out of Pip in the first place. I still maintain that Tyson will be more effective now that the team is playing better and has some new additions. Remember, the Bulls pretty much ALL got out to a horrible start to start the season...except Chandler.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
I'm not holding my breath for a 10 game winning streak, but I am holding out expectations for a better second half, if we can get and stay healthy and the players continue to buy into Skiles game plan.

Not a sudden run at the playoffs -- just more consistent effort, better execution and an increased winning percentage to the point of respectability.

That's what I'm holding my breath for.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I don't see this team going on any 10 game winning streak but I do believe Tyson will help contribute to hopefully a better record whenever he gets back. Chandler gives this team something it really doesn't have right now and that's an inside defensive presence. To put it simply, I think Chandler has more of an effect on the game that Pippen can/will.

The other thing I want to see is Chandler and Curry on the floor together. With teams really concentrating on Curry and doubling him in the post, we really don't have any other options down low. Much as I like Antonio Davis, he's not much of a low post threat. He's more likely to miss a shot than make it. Chandler is the only player on this team capable of making a team pay for doubling Curry. You gotta play the post a little bit more honestly with him on the floor because if you leave him to double Curry he's either in great position for an offensive rebound or for a fairly uncontested shot.

All I want is to have these guys back healthy and in-shape to see what is worth keeping and what isn't.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Chander did play 4 of his games on our Western Road Trip including at Lakers at Dallas and at Sac.

Some of the BC vs. Skiles winning percentage comparisions are somewhat misleading due to this as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts