Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time Magazine had him as Player Of The Year over Wagner! NBADRAFT.NET doesn't have him coming out in 2003 or 2004, but I think he will be in the lottery in 2004!

·
Registered
636 Posts
He better wait till he actually does something in college before he comes out. HS rankings dont matter if you suck in college.

·
Registered
42 Posts
In all the MSU games I watched last year I specifically watched Torbert to see how he would perform. Almost every gamy came away dissapointed. He needs at least another year, probably two, until he becomes a factor in the draft.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think Torbert is a case of being so dominant in high school but his style doesn't translate well into the NCAA level let alone the NBA level. He's a tweener. He needs all four years. MSU has some great guards on it's team. Unfortunately for Torbert, Chris Hill looks better right now.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
looking forward to seeing the duo of torbert and paul davis.speaking of which how is paul's ankle progressing?is he back to full strength yet?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Tolbert isn't really an NBA type player. He's only about 6'2"-6'3" and he is built like an NFL HB. I can't imagine him weighing less than 215. At that size, he will be small in the NBA as a SG and the point spot right now is out of the question. His quickness is below average as well and he struggled with his jump shot last year. He could be a first round pick in 2004 or 2005 but don't count on him shaking up the lottery in either draft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts