Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he should get Zoran's minutes. I think we've seen enough of Planinic and he is not contributing to this team (other than an assist off a penetration move here and there). As shaky as Wright is on offense, I'd still take him over Zoran. These games don't mean anything to the main 7-man rotation, but for the rest of the guys, they should still be significant since this is the most they'll get to play before the playoffs.

Reactions: justasking?

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Like I said, I've seen enough of Zoran.

He will never succeed in the Nets' system.

He is also the worst shooter ever. The only jump shot I remember him making the entire season was from 75 feet!

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Grandmazter3 said:
Wright's jumper is probably worse than Zoran's but I agree.
It can't be worse than making no jumpers ever!

I guess it can be a tie.

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Grandmazter3 said:
I think ive seen Wright make 3 jumpers all season, and none comes close to Planinic's 78ft 3 point fling.
That's still 3-1.

Advantage Wright.

·
Banned
57,945 Posts
I doubt any of us are going to figure it out, but Zoran wasn't a poor shooter last year.

-Petey

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ghoti said:
That's still 3-1.

Advantage Wright.
And Wright looks as lost on offense in his first year as Planinic looks in his 3rd year, except that the rookie runs the break. Advantage Wright.

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Aurelino said:
And Wright looks as lost on offense in his first year as Planinic looks in his 3rd year, except that the rookie runs the break. Advantage Wright.
And Wright has shown signs of being a shutdown defender.

He might even be able to take a little pressure off Kidd and Carter that way even in the playoffs.

Huge advantage Wright.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
We should have drafted Danny Granger, and maybe Linton Johnson III's jumper is much much better than Wright and Planinic's.

Linton Johnson III >>>> Wright + Planinic, why did we trade him ! damn it. trade for a week boki.

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Grandmazter3 said:
And plays D.
Yep, I only mentioned offense because there's no comparison defensively. Wright is already close to being the best one-on-one defender on the team.

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
ChemicalCutthroat said:
poor cpawfan. zoran does not diserve to be freed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lock him up!!!
Heh.

Actually, I still think Zoran could be very good in another system.

Seattle and Denver come to mind.

(Of course, he still needs to take 2000 jumpers a day until he's better. He really needs to work hard on this or he will disappear.)

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ghoti said:
Heh.

Actually, I still think Zoran could be very good in another system.

Seattle and Denver come to mind.

(Of course, he still needs to take 2000 jumpers a day until he's better. He really needs to work hard on this or he will disappear.)
He has talent, but there's always been a question mark on his work ethic.

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Aurelino said:
He has talent, but there's always been a question mark on his work ethic.
If RJ had a night where he missed all his jumpers, he'd spend the entire night after the game shooting until he was satisfied everything was OK.

Zoran hasn't made a jump shot since December, and I don't hear about him doing any extra work.

What's up with that?

Aren't those guys good friends?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I agree with the originator of this thread...

unfortunately, the only times we'll see Wright is IF a possibly Piston/Net matchup happens...Frank knows Wright can guard Rip VERY well and I'm sure he'll use him a lot in THAT matchup.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Wright >>> Zoran

Somebody need to tell this guy that if the NETS fans want to see a fancy dribbling exhibition,they rather go watch the Harlem glove trotters,than him.And those guys also dunk better too.

Dont get me wrong the guy got some talent but.........

Maybe is the system like some of you say.

Lets hope Wright get well,i want to see him play more,expecially during this starters "resting" stretch till the playoffs.Lets see what he can do.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.