Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few weeks ago, I wrote a post called “Where are our stars?” to highlight the disappointing play of many of the league’s best players. At the time I compiled a mock list of all-league performers – First, Second and Third teams.

Some of our best players are coming around, others are not quite there. Here is what my updated list looks like.

POY: Tu Holloway

FIRST TEAM (NO CHANGE)

Tu Holloway, Xavier
Kevin Anderson, Richmond
Delroy James, Rhode Island
Anthony Gurley, Massachusetts
Aaric Murray, La Salle

SECOND TEAM
Andrew Nicholson, St. Bonaventure
Justin Harper, Richmond (moves up from Third Team)
Chris Gaston, Fordham
Bill Clark, Duquesne
Chris Wright, Dayton (moves up from Third Team)

THIRD TEAM
Ruben Guillandeaux, LaSalle (drops from Second Team)
Jamar Briscoe, Charlotte
Carl Jones, St. Joseph’s (replaces Langston Galloway)
Damian Saunders, Duquesne (replaces Kyle Cassity)
Mark Lyons, Xavier (replaces Tony Taylor)

Honorable mention: Jamel McLean, Juan Fernandez, Marquis Jones

Dropped out:

Tony Taylor, George Washington (previously Second Team)
Kyle Cassity, St. Louis (previously Third Team)
Langston Galloway, St. Joe’s (previously Third Team)

·
Registered
93 Posts
WH - Where do you see Saunders ultimately ending up because if you take a look at his past 2 games, he has put up big numbers. Also, he isn't that much of a scoring weapon, which I think makes his value go down in the eyes of some. 15-16PPG is what you are doing to get from him. But when you are getting the steals and blocks at a pace that he has shown before, his value is amazing.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
I'm as much of a CW critic as is out there, but to date, he's statistically having his best season at 13.0 ppg and 9.3 rpg. I'd like to see the shooting percentage go up and I think it will as it was really down on two horrific games. Consistency has always been his issue so we'll see how the last 3/4 of the year pan out. He's getting more min then ever and if just ups that to 14 ppg and continues the 9+ rpg, I don't see how he doesn't land on the first team again with better numbers then last year.

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
There is still a lot of hoops they need to jump through to get back especially Willie. I would think he needs to be cleared by the NCAA.
I posted this on the Billiken Board, but it is also relevant here...

The NCAA shouldn't be a problem at all. As we all know, the NCAA is an extremely competent, well oiled institution and is known for its efficiency and logical approach to admittance situations. In addition, the NCAA is well equipped to deal with the myriad of problems that it receives every year and won't let bureaucratic nonsense get in the way of a prompt and reasoned decision. The NCAA also has an abundance of resources and staff available to handle the copious amounts of claims they receive.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I thought before the season that this year's X team would be more balanced. I was thinking we'd have 5 guys in the 9-15 ppg range. I was way off. It didn't start out that way at all with Tu being way better than expected and others being worse.

I have a hunch that going forward things are going to move more in the direction I originally thought. I think Dante's going to start hitting more shots and get his ppg average up. I think Jamel, Kenny and Lyons are all going to see their ppg up also with Tu coming back to earth. I don't think he'll end up POY and I think he settles in at closer to 15-16 ppg in conference play. As long as the others are producing though, I think its better for Xavier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.