Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

What seed will the Pacers finish with in the East?

• 4th

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 5th

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • 6th

• 7th

• 8th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miss playoffs

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What seed do you think the Pacers will end up with? There are 8 games left as follows:

washington
new york
@toronto
new jersey
philly
@miami
@orlando
chicago

And here are the current standings:

3. Boston (41-34)
4. Chicago (42-32)
5. Washington (41-33)
6. Indiana (40-34)
7. Cleveland (38-36)
8. Philadelphia (37-37)

So what do you think? I think we will end up passing Washington for the 5th seed. There is a chance that we will pass chicago, but I don't see them losing too many of their last games. We'll probably just keep pace with them. So I say 5th.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I say 5th seed too. But even if Pacers get 3rd, I think they could beat the Celtics especially if Jermaine O'Neal comes back.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
They will be matched up with the Celtics most likely...Rematch of a few years ago...Interesting...I don't think they can get past the C's they have come together and formed tooooo much of a team loyalty and chemistry....

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Twix said:
I say 5th seed too. But even if Pacers get 3rd, I think they could beat the Celtics especially if Jermaine O'Neal comes back.
Well 3rd is an impossibility, because top 3 seeds go to the division winners. If we do face the celts we will finish 6th.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I think the Pacers will end up with the fifth seed. They are playing awesome right now and they play so hard and with so much heart they will be tough to beat. Washington isn't doing so well now and if they lose to the Pacers in their next game then I can see the fifth spot going to the Pacers and staying with them.

It's amazing that after all this team has gone through that they are still in contention for the fifth and even fourth seed. Shows how much heart they have and how strong they are. You guys got a great coach and a great leader in Reggie Miller.

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kunlun said:
I think the Pacers will end up with the fifth seed. They are playing awesome right now and they play so hard and with so much heart they will be tough to beat. Washington isn't doing so well now and if they lose to the Pacers in their next game then I can see the fifth spot going to the Pacers and staying with them.

It's amazing that after all this team has gone through that they are still in contention for the fifth and even fourth seed. Shows how much heart they have and how strong they are. You guys got a great coach and a great leader in Reggie Miller.
Thanks for the props man. Even when times were pretty grim this year, I never lost hope, and aparantly neither did the Pacers. So many people are still writing this team off in the first round....I'm teling you....watch out for this ballclub.

·
Registered
521 Posts
StephenJackson said:
Well 3rd is an impossibility, because top 3 seeds go to the division winners. If we do face the celts we will finish 6th.
Sorry about that. I meant, if Pacers faced the 3rd seed Celtics, I think Pacers can beat them. :)

Good luck to your team!

·
Registered
208 Posts
The Pacers are playing really really well right now, but theres no way they'll be able to have a better record than the gay *** Pistons at the end of the year. They have a chance at taking over the Bulls for 4th but the Bulls are playing really well right now. Much Love to the Pacers :banana:

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been seeing a lot of Laker fans come around this board a lot lately. But they have made some good points. Yeah, reaching the Pistons isn't even an option. But we are looking for that 4th place held by Chicago. We keep winning, but so do they..so unless they slip up, we won't be able to catch up. Regardless though, whether we are 4th or 5th we will still be facing Chicago, so the only difference is home court. With the bulls lacking playoff experience, I like our chances at winning a quick game in Chicago to steal the HC early on in that first round. So 4th or 5th, i don't really care. All I can say is I am damn proud of this team.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
There is no advantage that I can think of getting the 5th seed over the 6th. 6th gives us an easier opponent, home court advantage, and I'm not sure about this, but it would let us circumvent Miami and Detroit in the second round.

If that last phrase part isn't right, then 5th might have its advantage.

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PacersguyUSA said:
There is no advantage that I can think of getting the 5th seed over the 6th. 6th gives us an easier opponent, home court advantage, and I'm not sure about this, but it would let us circumvent Miami and Detroit in the second round.

Yeah, I personally would like 6th...but I highly doubt the Pacers would start losing games to get there. I'd muuuuuch rather play Boston with HC advantage than Chicago with or without HC. But I really think the Pacers are going to try to get that 4th seed just because.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
PacersguyUSA said:

If we get the 6th seed and make it past Boston, then we play Detroit in the 2nd round. If we get #5 and defeat the Bulls, we would face the Heat in the 2nd round (assuming the Pistons or Heat aren't upset).

·
Registered
208 Posts
StephenJackson said:
Yeah, I personally would like 6th...but I highly doubt the Pacers would start losing games to get there. I'd muuuuuch rather play Boston with HC advantage than Chicago with or without HC. But I really think the Pacers are going to try to get that 4th seed just because.[/QUOTE

That would've been money if they could've gotten 6th. The Pacers are playing some good ball though and I doubt they'll slip up. I doubt the Wizards will make a push for 5th (they lost to an Iverson-less Philly today :eek8: ). Philly might be able to take them over but I HIGHLY doubt that'll happen. Then ofcourse theres the Cavs who are just ew. So they'll have to beat the Bulls which they have a legit chance at doing. Then they'll have to face Miami :uhoh:

·
Registered
618 Posts
i dont know where you guys will end up but as a celtics fan you guys have come together w/o stars this year and it would be dangerous to play you guys with JO healthy.

Reactions: Pacers Fan

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
You guys are 5th right now and that is probably where you will end up. 5th would actually work out good for you guys assuming the bulls end up 4th. With a healthy JO you guys should be able to beat the bulls. Then you would play the Heat if I am not mistaken you have owned the Heat this year. You might end up playing the pistons in the ECF again...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Meant to vote 5th, but I hit 4th..

The 4/5 spot is really our best chance to make noise, because if we were to get by Chicago - we could give Miami a run for their money...and hope someone knocks off the Pistons.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts