Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a fan get kicked out of the ACC for having the following poster...

could he be from our beloved raptor forum!!!?

Raptors lose again. They also throw out a fan for holding up a sign they don't like. Great job all around, fellas."Did you happen to notice the fan sitting about 15 rows up on the west baseline last night, who got KICKED OUT for having a sign reading "RAPTOR KILLER" with a picture of Rob Babcock in devil horns?

source

describe your most creative poster you have/ had for the Raptors or one that you've seen...

·
Registered
364 Posts
a fan get kicked out of the ACC for having the following poster...

could he be from our beloved raptor forum!!!?

My guess is that it could be anybody from this forum or not, true die hard fans are
Benefactors to this team.

I really hope its no one from this forum.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
MjM2xtreMe said:
My guess is that it could be anybody from this forum or not, true die hard fans are
Benefactors to this team.

I really hope its no one from this forum.
:laugh:, nice...

As far as the original pic, after what Babs has done this year I don't think he deserves this type of treatment from our own home fans. And while he's dissing and taunting Rob, he may have just kicked himself out of a good game too.

As far as posters go, back in the days of the WWF (not WWE) there would some pretty funny ones. An example of one my favs is some dude carrying a huge poster with the words "The guy behind me can't see anything".

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Supposedly that guy was close to Babcock all game and was basically taunting him with the sign. And given the option to hand-over the sign or leave, he decided he'd rather be ejected. So I don't know if that's a perfect sample for the way fans are treated at the ACC.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
The best signs are defintely at the wrestling events. Most creative stuff i've seen.

As for this fan I would not have any sympathy for him being tossed. Imagine being the guy behind him, paying a fortune for your seat and maybe having your kid with you and this moron is standing up heckling Rob in front of you and you can't watch the game. I'd make him eat the sign.

The sign was funny. The devil horns were a nice touch. I would bet he got tossed for bothering the customers around him.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
trick said:
As far as the original pic, after what Babs has done this year I don't think he deserves this type of treatment from our own home fans. And while he's dissing and taunting Rob, he may have just kicked himself out of a good game too.
So fielding a team that starts 0-8 and might very well be the worst in the NBA, doesn't deserve any criticism? We're a laughingstock around the league, and it doesn't feel good. Fans have a right to express that. Of course the ACC also has a right to ask that guy to leave, so I don't object to him being kicked out. I agree with his poster though.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
lucky777s said:
The best signs are defintely at the wrestling events. Most creative stuff i've seen.

As for this fan I would not have any sympathy for him being tossed. Imagine being the guy behind him, paying a fortune for your seat and maybe having your kid with you and this moron is standing up heckling Rob in front of you and you can't watch the game. I'd make him eat the sign.

The sign was funny. The devil horns were a nice touch. I would bet he got tossed for bothering the customers around him.
The WWE has cracked down on signs at events in recent years. It is nearly impossible to have a sign that isn't the wrestling equivilent of "go team!" anymore. They have a full-out propaganda campaign going.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
What's funny about that sign is that all it is missing is the "Toronto Star" branding on the top of the page. It wouldn't shock me in the least to see that as the front page of the sports section on a Saturday.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Ballyhoo said:
So fielding a team that starts 0-8 and might very well be the worst in the NBA, doesn't deserve any criticism? We're a laughingstock around the league, and it doesn't feel good. Fans have a right to express that. Of course the ACC also has a right to ask that guy to leave, so I don't object to him being kicked out. I agree with his poster though.
So you blame Rob for Rose's struggles? Blame Rob for the team's poor defence? I guess it's also Rob's fault that this team surrendered 79 points in the past two games' first quarters?

All I'm saying is that whatever bad things he's done in the past, Babcock certainly deserves credit for the things he has done this year i.e. draft, resignings, mike james.

·
Registered
721 Posts
trick said:
So you blame Rob for Rose's struggles? Blame Rob for the team's poor defence? I guess it's also Rob's fault that this team surrendered 79 points in the past two games' first quarters?

All I'm saying is that whatever bad things he's done in the past, Babcock certainly deserves credit for the things he has done this year i.e. draft, resignings, mike james.
Well who aquired these players that play no D?

Sam sure didn't.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think the sign is hilarious & the guy shouldn't have been thrown out because of his sign. There are worse things that he could of wrote. Just because he doesn't agree with the Raptors & what they are doing doesn't make it right to kick him out. It shows the lack of connection between the organization & the fans.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I remember a while ago, a couple of my brothers friends went to the first game where Tracy came back to Toronto after signing with Orlando

And my brother's friends had a sign that said "TRACY IS A GIRL'S NAME"
Not the most clever thing in the world, but it probably got a few cheap laughs

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
speedythief said:
Supposedly that guy was close to Babcock all game and was basically taunting him with the sign. And given the option to hand-over the sign or leave, he decided he'd rather be ejected. So I don't know if that's a perfect sample for the way fans are treated at the ACC.
Let me be the final word on this. My seats for the Game are literally 5 SEATS behind Rob. He did not make any motion toward this fan despite constant taunting while holding up the sign. It was not until halfway through the 4th that they threw him out.

He was no longer just holding up the sign, he was wandering up and down the aisle near the tunnel and moving into vacated seats leaning over and disturbing many still-seated paying customers. Only when he became a nuissance to the audience, not Rob, was he thrown out.

I also called the McCown show on the Fan to set the record straight.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
^ Thanks, butrs. Good to get this cleared up. I'm not pro-ACC or anti-ACC but I didn't think we would throw a guy out "because of a sign".

The funniest thing about it was that the team was pretty lifeless when Glen was fired.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
vigilante said:
I'm sure taunting the teams General Manager had nothing to do with it.. :uhoh:

And what a moron. I would have chirped him.
Yeah, I probably would've said something to him. Certainly would've if he'd been sitting behind or in front of me waving that idiot flag around.

Wouldn't want to talk to him. One of those people where if you know one of their opinions you know all of them, you know? Like someone who says they're against birth control.

·
Registered
419 Posts
TheATLien said:
How cool would it be to tell your friends a story how you got kicked out of an NBA game.
i got kicked out of the rogers centre for giving my underaged brother a sip of beer

w00t

1 - 20 of 23 Posts